My Mantra was smooth enough before, but after seeing this thread I thought I could improve it. Well I tried this and it didn't get better; it actually got worse. So I took it apart yesterday, and not without some trepidation, having never taken apart a knife on bearings before. But all went well, and it turned out my washers had gotten dished, probably by me, and were causing more friction than before. So I cleaned out everything, flipped the washers over, gooped up everything with vaseline, and reassembled it. And at first it was pretty stiff because the washers were still "3D", but counter to my own instincts I cranked the pivot down a little and it loosened right up, and now it's much better than it ever was before.
Thanks EvilD for this!
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2