For you guys that sell on eBay...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
anthonyc

Post by anthonyc »

im glad ebay is staying firm on the new feedback system

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/1 ... -stays/?hp
VultureParade

Post by VultureParade »

Joe, with all due respect, the thread is in off topic, it is about the eBay feedback system, and specifically about the way that system has been abused in the past by some seller's to retaliate for negative feedback they received, and a step (however unrealistic) the eBay is taking to address that. Anthony's post cites a specific case of such abuse by a specific eBay seller. I fail to see how it could be considered inappropriate.
I agree. It was in bad form for you guys to jump all over Anthony. I saw nothing wrong with his post.

I've never purchased anything from Spydieguys, but I did check their feedback on ebay a few times. The thing that made me not want to deal with them was the attitude and aggressiveness displayed in some of their replies to negative or neutral feedback left by their buyers. I believe that this intimidating behavior by sellers is some of the behavior that ebay is trying to fix with this new feedback system. I like when businesses conduct themselves in a mature and professional manner. I don't like when they get down in the gutter with bad customers or engage in arguing matches though the feedback system.

I find that I'm not using ebay as much as I used to not due to the feedback system, but due to the how easily it is for people to rip each other off with paypal. I think the system is flawed by deeper problems that won't be resolved by a feedback system change.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

My two cents.

1) eBay's feedback system has always had problems. As long as there are people involved, it always will have problems. A better solution would be make all feedback visable only to eBay monitors, who close the account of anyone with three negatives in twelve months, whether they are buyers or sellers. Guess how workable that would be :rolleyes: .

2) Both the "General Discussion" for Spyderco products and the "Off Topic" for other subjects are located in Sal's living room. He has asked that we try to follow his example and "leave shiney footprints". If you don't understand what that means, try to imagine Sal posting what you just typed before you hit the "submit reply" button. If you can't, don't.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.