Hurricane Lee discussion

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Hurricane Lee discussion

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

Let's start a conversation about this for those of us that may be affected. I'm an avid tracker so I'll pay updates here as I learn them.

No matter what, if you live north of the Carolinas this storm WILL affect you on some level, but it seems like nobody in the US is going to take a direct hit (as of now).

Feel free to contribute whatever thoughts/concerns/questions/prayers any of you may have

Moderator: can we possibly pin this until after the threat is gone?
Coastal

Re: Hurricane Lee discussion

Post by Coastal »

Gonna be a monster, for sure. And yes, it looks like the U.S. probably won't take much of a hit. :crossed-fingers A site that does a nice job of explaining tropical weather with no hype is The Eyewall. It's based in Houston, but covers any tropical weather affecting the U.S., and even more.
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Coastal wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:19 pm
Gonna be a monster, for sure. And yes, it looks like the U.S. probably won't take much of a hit. :crossed-fingers A site that does a nice job of explaining tropical weather with no hype is The Eyewall. It's based in Houston, but covers any tropical weather affecting the U.S., and even more.
Great info! Thanks
Murphy Slaw

Post by Murphy Slaw »

I wouldn't write Lee off just yet. Living for a dozen years around the Lake Charles, (La.) area taught me one thing.

Never trust a weather forecaster beyond a few days. Especially about hurricanes.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yeah, I live in North Carolina
But, way up in the mountains. That being said, the last Hurricane that really did any damage up here, that I can remember anyways, was Hugo in '89
Hugo was one bad boy....let's hope Lee completely misses the whole east coast.
ImHereForTheMilitary2

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:41 am
But, way up in the mountains. That being said, the last Hurricane that really did any damage up here, that I can remember anyways, was Hugo in '89
At least you don't have to worry about storm surge! And nothing ruins a good hurricane like a mountain
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

ImHereForTheMilitary2 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:05 am
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:41 am
At least you don't have to worry about storm surge! And nothing ruins a good hurricane like a mountain
I hear ya brother.... let's just hope that sucker takes a hard right out into the Atlantic!
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Lee has rapidly intensified to a Cat 5 hurricane. "Predictive" tracking still puts the 'cane offshore with no landfall likely in the US. If it were to make landfall, chances are very good that it will not be a major hurricane, and it will probably be somewhere in Maine. Still way too soon to tell. Don't drive yourself crazy with worry over this and certainly dont let your guard down, but keep an eye on it daily for updates. HEres the latest update from one of my favorite meteoroligsts:

ImHereForTheMilitary2

Lee has weakened to a cat3 (but is expected to reintensfy over the next couple of days) and new tracking puts it farther east after it turns north so good news for the east coast! Off course things can change, but it's still good news
ImHereForTheMilitary2