Will there be another C-60 run?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Laphroaig9

Post by Laphroaig9 »

Since the last one sold out in less than a week?

Or will that take 6 months to a year?
abbazaba

Re: Will there be another C-60 run?

Post by abbazaba »

It's still trickling out. In stock right now at BHQ https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... ck--145694
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Pretty sure Sal said it is unlikely there will be a return of this model. Things may change, but I would not hold my breath.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

sal wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:24 am
Hi JD,

This maker does not make Salts.

As I said earlier, it was an effort to get these to you. especially with screw construction and CPM Cruwear. Are they perfect? No, at least not one of the teeth on the serrated version is "funky".

Also, I have a number of other models that I would like for this maker to build for us as they sort out earlier family issues, so more Ayoob's are not likely, at least not in the near future. Maybe 5 -10 years in the future.

sal
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Laphroaig9 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:52 pm

Since the last one sold out in less than a week?

Or will that take 6 months to a year?
abbazaba wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:01 pm
Plain at BHQ
If you really want one. Or do you mean at Spyderco SFO for the discount?
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm optimistic that there will be more runs of the C-60 down the road. Because with the great surge of popularity that this new Sprint Run has generated I'm hoping that will change Sal's mind. There are so many people that never got a chance to land one of the originals or one of the 2011 Sprint Run that I do think the demand will be constant for a while.

I've believe that it would do really well in these newer/better blade steels that you see them using on the Military and PM 2 models. I think the C-60 would be great in different blade steels. With the results we've had recently I'm very hopeful that this won't be the end of the C-60 model.
Donut

Post by Donut »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:26 am
I'm optimistic that there will be more runs of the C-60 down the road. Because with the great surge of popularity that this new Sprint Run has generated I'm hoping that will change Sal's mind. There are so many people that never got a chance to land one of the originals or one of the 2011 Sprint Run that I do think the demand will be constant for a while.

I've believe that it would do really well in these newer/better blade steels that you see them using on the Military and PM 2 models. I think the C-60 would be great in different blade steels. With the results we've had recently I'm very hopeful that this won't be the end of the C-60 model.
Maybe you need to start a new thread now. =)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
sal

Post by sal »

Sorry guys,

We have many new models that will take precedence over another Sprint of the Ayoob. Perhaps more appreciation and less demand is in order?

sal
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

sal wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:54 am
Sorry guys,

We have many new models that will take precedence over another Sprint of the Ayoob. Perhaps more appreciation and less demand is in order?

sal
Sir,

In my humble opinion every one of the 80,000+ posts, even the negative ones, is a sign of appreciation for the Spyderco brand you and your family built. Your customers are passionate about your product and while you can not please everyone, the negative comments are just a reflection of how great and in demand your products are.

Plus it’s the internet, what is written in haste behind a user name is generally not reflective of true thoughts. I have felt with this extensively at my work place.

BTW when will you make more… JK
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.