C15 Terzuola disassembly question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spyderforscale

C15 Terzuola disassembly question

Post by spyderforscale »

(first post here so kindly redirect me to another area if it's more appropriate)

hoping to disassemble and clean my plain edge C15 (serial 2680). It has 4 hex (not torx) screws (1 pivot, 3 on handle) and I want to be confident in sizing before disassembling it. I emailed Spyderco through spyderco.com and they were not sure (given the age of the model, no parts lying around). Hoping any other C15 owners have figured out sizing and any other thoughts on upkeep of this awesome old knife. Mine is aluminum (not G10) for what it's worth. Thanks and hope to learn a lot from you all.
sal

Re: C15 Terzuola disassembly question

Post by sal »

Hi Spyderforscale,

Welcome to our forum.

That was our first collaboration.

sal
dano

Post by dano »

The screws are standard size hex. I'd suggest buying a multi-hex key set? You're C15 may have been early enough that it was made by Les De Asis' (Benchmade's Founder) machine shop in Oregon, which, I think, was also run by Vince Ford, one of Spyderco's early machinists (under the name Varitork Research Mechanism Company, which at one point, also started Koncept Knives).
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Dano,

There is a lot of history there and I don't think you are privy to what really happened. You can speculate but I don't think it's public information.

sal