Manix 2 m390

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Smalltimeedc

Manix 2 m390

Post by Smalltimeedc »

Ok, so I just received my first distributor exclusive spyderco, and while I totally love it there is a massive difference in grinds. I know it's a knife and can simply be sharpened out, but I was so excited to get my first exclusive. Should I send it in or just deal with it? I planned on eventually using it, but this was my first time ever seeing an issue on a spyderco let alone an exclusive so I was bummed to say the least. What do you think send it in or shut up and deal? I would add photos but it keeps saying files are too large. Thanks for your time!
Smalltimeedc 🗡🗡🗡
sal

Re: Manix 2 m390

Post by sal »

Hi Smalltimeedc,

Your call, what's the issue?

sal
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Posting pictures will help others give you proper advice.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Smalltimeedc

Post by Smalltimeedc »

I was told by some Facebook collectors that this is done intentionally so it was my mistake. They told me to just sharpen it and move on! Spent some time on it and am carrying it today, so happy with everything I get from spyderco and will always be a huge fan/collector
Smalltimeedc 🗡🗡🗡
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

You still haven't mentioned what the issue is with the grind, besides that it's different from a regular Manix 2.

If you upload the photos to a site like Flickr, it will generate BB code for you to paste into a post here.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I love the Manix and I love M390. I use my Manii hard though (you should see my Rex 45 blade at the moment--it's pretty beaten up), and I don't care about the evenness of the grind. I just keep using and sharpening.

Great knife--go forth and use it hard! :)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Smalltimeedc wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:05 am
I was told by some Facebook collectors that this is done intentionally so it was my mistake. They told me to just sharpen it and move on! Spent some time on it and am carrying it today, so happy with everything I get from spyderco and will always be a huge fan/collector
What was done intentionally? I read those FB groups too and participate occasionally. Some of those guys are fine but there's also a lot misinformation posted. I do agree with the sharpen it and move on part though
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!