Excellent customer service

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Daveho

Excellent customer service

Post by Daveho »

Guys just had some fantasy customer service from Christy.
I got a lil native with a clip that was a Lil bent and have had it replaced quite punctually and even got a sticker :)

Thank you!
AlexRus

Re: Excellent customer service

Post by AlexRus »

Daveho wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:00 am
Guys just had some fantasy customer service from Christy.
I got a lil native with a clip that was a Lil bent and have had it replaced quite punctually and even got a sticker :)

Thank you!
That's great. Way to go Spyderco!
SdJ

Post by SdJ »

Thats funny...
I live in South Africa. I bought a Delica at the end of February By the end of march the pocket clip had broken off. I went back to Safari and Outdoor (SA company) they said they have had a few complaints about that. and have sent a few back to be repaired. So the next time I went I gave it to them and they ensured me it will be sorted out. I was just contacted with a quote from safari and Outdoor with a Quote to have it fixed. Its not a lot of money... but i declined. Told them to send it back to me. its the principal that matters. I was told very arrogantly that the clip does not fall under the warranty.
Then Spyderco should not make pathetic pocket clips
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Sdj,

Perhaps you should contact Spyderco? I'm pretty sure they'll send you a new clip. In reality, we get very few broken clips compared to the large numbers of Delica's sold.

sal
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

SdJ wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:21 am
Thats funny...
The funny thing is I've never broke or even bent a spyderco clip. Perhaps you should look more into what you did than try to blame it on the clip.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

SdJ wrote:
Thats funny...
I live in South Africa. I bought a Delica at the end of February By the end of march the pocket clip had broken off. I went back to Safari and Outdoor (SA company) they said they have had a few complaints about that. and have sent a few back to be repaired. So the next time I went I gave it to them and they ensured me it will be sorted out. I was just contacted with a quote from safari and Outdoor with a Quote to have it fixed. Its not a lot of money... but i declined. Told them to send it back to me. its the principal that matters. I was told very arrogantly that the clip does not fall under the warranty.
Recommend you contact Spyderco customer service.
Clips don’t “break off” spontaneously. Did you somehow break it?
You might read the warranty. It will have been in the box, or find it on Spyderco's site.
I’m confused. If your dealer had previously sent “a few back to be repaired" as you stated, repair is not warranty so why were you surprised that you would be charged? Did your dealer declare it to be defective?

Please clarify if I didn’t get that right.
Yours may have been a defective clip (covered by warranty).
Pathetic, really?

Reading your post you seem to say that the clip somehow broke, that you think it was defective, the dealer sent it for repair (or ordered a new clip and did or did not say it was a warranty repair— not clear — ), charged you for the repair which you refused, told you that your broken clip was not defective therefore not warranty item and you claim that Spyderco makes “pathetic” clips.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

SdJ wrote:
Thats funny...
Recommend you contact Spyderco customer service.
Clips don’t “break off” spontaneously. Did you somehow break it?
You might read the warranty. It will have been in the box, or find it on Spyderco's site.
I’m confused. If your dealer had previously sent “a few back to be repaired" as you stated, repair is not warranty so why were you surprised that you would be charged? Did your dealer declare it to be defective?
Yours may have been a defective clip (covered by warranty).
Pathetic, really?

Reading your post you seem to say that the clip somehow broke, that you think it was defective, the dealer sent it for repair (or ordered a new clip and did or did not say it was a warranty repair— not clear — ), charged you for the repair which you refused, told you that your broken clip was not defective therefore not warranty item and you claim that Spyderco makes “pathetic” clips.

Please clarify if I didn’t get that right.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

SdJ wrote:
Thats funny...
That’s interesting. Can’t say I have had any experience like that and I have owned 4 delicas and about 30+ spydercos in my time.
The issue I came across with my clip was quite minor so just open the lines of communication with them.
Here’s my first clip the day I got it, dosnt stope the knife working of cause, it’s just a bit less than excellent to get in your pocket at times
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Nice first post, welcome to the forum Sdj! :rolleyes:
Josh
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Exploding delica clips aside, my first thread here was based on my disappointment with the mantra and while I didn’t love that resolution having spyderco help me with my lil native have them back in my good books.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Daveho wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:12 pm
Exploding delica clips ...
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

Bloke wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:28 pm