Can anyone confirm that Knifecenter is restocking the Brown PM2 in S35VN?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
basedlarrydavid

Can anyone confirm that Knifecenter is restocking the Brown PM2 in S35VN?

Post by basedlarrydavid »

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP81GP ... sprint-run

This just seems odd to me. It was supposedly a limited sprintrun and has been sold out everywhere else for a long, long while. But according to this page, they’ll have it back in May?

Can anyone with Spyderco help me understand, or help to confirm this? I’d hate to pre order and have that money gone for a month only to have it canceled later on. Or to have a brown PM3 sent to me.
More K390 and 10V, please.

Instagram: @ohioapexing
dberezin

Re: Can anyone confirm that Knifecenter is restocking the Brown PM2 in S35VN?

Post by dberezin »

I asked Spyderco about the same exact knife. Sent them an email. I got this reply:
Hello David,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Spyderco with your question. We have previously done this run for KnifeCenter.com before in the past as a dealer exclusive, a small batch that we make specifically for KnifeCenter. They do have the ability to order another run of this knife, but I have no record showing anything in the works on my side. I would touch base with KnifeCenter.com and see if they are planning on another Exclusive run or not.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Stay Sharp,
Kevin
--
Kevin Clark
Spyderco Factory Outlet | Spyderco, Inc.
820 Spyderco Way
Golden, CO 80403

I'm waiting on the brown P3 now. https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... Run--81012
==============
Delica | Para 2 Blurple | Para 3 Red Camo (Custom) | Delica "Fadeto Black" Custom
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Hmmm...I preordered mine a few weeks ago, along with some other things that have already shipped. I actually received an email response just yesterday saying...

Dear Valued Customer,

This is a friendly note to let you know that your order is still in process. Rest assured that it is in good hands! As soon as your order is complete, it will be shipped right out.

**If part of your order is in stock and you would like us to partially ship, please let us know (additional shipping may apply).**

Please feel free to contact us for any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
KnifeCenter Customer Service

5201 Lad Land Dr
Fredericksburg, VA 22407

Toll Free: 1.800.338.6799
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

I just sent an email reply to the email they sent me yesterday. I'll be sure to post the reply here. BS if they aren't re-ordering these when their website shows they are.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Ok, I just got off the phone with Tom at Knife Center. He personally called me to help clear this up...which is why I continue to go back to them for business, fantastic customer service! He checked out this page and thinks that Kevin must have mistaken this model for another model/sprint run. They indeed do have a fairly large order for the S35VN Earth Brown model, and as the website shows, it is expected to arrive sometime in May. We must remain patient!
basedlarrydavid

RickC27 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 am
Ok, I just got off the phone with Tom at Knife Center. He personally called me to help clear this up...which is why I continue to go back to them for business, fantastic customer service! He checked out this page and thinks that Kevin must have mistaken this model for another model/sprint run. They indeed do have a fairly large order for the S35VN Earth Brown model, and as the website shows, it is expected to arrive sometime in May. We must remain patient!
Alright. So it’s confirmed then?

Next question: does anyone think the preorder will sell out? Meaning, should I absolutely order one now?

RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Yes it is, they will have them in stock. I would preorder if you really want one! I don't believe I've been billed for mine yet, only the part of the order that has already been shipped to me.
basedlarrydavid

Thanks for all of the info!

My pre-order is now complete!

Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

They weren’t sold out everywhere. Can buy one today at Bento. Will pay a bit more because of shipping but hey that might not bother some who don’t want to wait.
Forest Green

Post by Forest Green »

basedlarrydavid wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:51 am
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP81GP ... sprint-run

This just seems odd to me. It was supposedly a limited sprintrun and has been sold out everywhere else for a long, long while. But according to this page, they’ll have it back in May?

Can anyone with Spyderco help me understand, or help to confirm this? I’d hate to pre order and have that money gone for a month only to have it canceled later on. Or to have a brown PM3 sent to me.
Thanks for posting!
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

The brown S35VN PM2 is a distributor exclusive, not a sprint run. There have been a few runs already and the distributor (Moteng)should be able to reorder another run. KC likely knows they have and are on the way.

The earth brown S35VN PM2 is one of my favorite PM2s
TankMech88

Post by TankMech88 »

Hope y’all are enjoying your Memorial Day!

I’m bringing this thread back up because my wife just pre ordered this knife for me and after doing some research and finding this thread I wanted to see if anyone has received this knife or gotten anymore information on the status of the shipment to knifecenter?

Looking forward to some good news, thanks!
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

I contacted them on the 23rd and they still had no update, other than supposedly sometime this month.
Lancerpt

Post by Lancerpt »

Yeah still deciding on this or the cruwear version. Too hard of a decision and nope can’t get both :mad:
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

If I had to choose one, it would be this one. Cruwear is awesome but don’t like the smooth g10. I had the brown s35 and regret selling it. Will be picking this one up when available. Now, if your choice was the between this or the GRAY g10 cruwear one, then that is a different story.