Paramilitary 3 Scales?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sprint13

Paramilitary 3 Scales?

Post by sprint13 »

Hello all,
Ive had a tenacious for years now and have loved it. I finally decided to pull the trigger on a nicer spyderco. I ordered a Para 3 online thinking it would be a good size. Next thing you know I found a brand new Para 2 on craigslist for $80 bucks... Now I have a Para 2 and a Para 3 :D

I love them both but would really like to add a little to the Para 3 to help differentiate it from the Para 2.

I have been looking all over the internet and have found many options for Para 2 scales in G10, micarta, and many metals, but when it comes to scales for the Para 3 I can only seem to find one option, the micarta scales from Ripps Garage Tech. I would love to find some copper or brass scales for the Para 3.

Does anybody know where I can find some metal scales for the Para 3?
Is there anyone who could make them custom?

Any help would be appreciated
My Spyders:
Bug, Tenacious, Para2, Atlantic salt, Native 5 carbon fiber S90V/154
Sharp Guy

Re: Paramilitary 3 Scales?

Post by Sharp Guy »

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum. Try the links below. I'm pretty sure there are others.

https://g10.lt

http://cuscadi.de
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
sprint13

Post by sprint13 »

Wow there are a lot of great scales on those websites!
Thanks for the recommendations.
I just looked through all of their selections and saw no metal scales for the Para3 though.
My Spyders:
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

$80 for a brand new PM2 sounds dodgy to me, it's a knife under MAP that retails for $136,47. If not then you can also try flytanium

https://www.flytaniumco.com/category/14/Para2
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

These are from Cuscadi, natural linen Micarta, fit and finish is spot on.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
sprint13

Post by sprint13 »

Johnnie1801 wrote:$80 for a brand new PM2 sounds dodgy to me, it's a knife under MAP that retails for $136,47. If not then you can also try flytanium

https://www.flytaniumco.com/category/14/Para2
He was trying to sell it for $100 and it had been posted for 12 days. I offered him $80 and he accepted. I was scared it might be fake, so I asked him where he bought it. He said BladeHQ. So I asked if I could see his receipt. He texted me a screenshot of his order confirmation.

He said it was an impulse buy and didn't ever use it.

I looked at a bunch of videos comparing real and knock of Para 2's. It's legit as far as I can tell.
Is there a definitive way to determine the knife's legitimacy?
My Spyders: