knives=hunting=airguns

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
manxi

knives=hunting=airguns

Post by manxi »

dose anyone on this forum use

air guns for hunting then use ther

spydro to gut them.

cheers manxi,
tanto

Post by tanto »

me
shoot a aa s410
gut rabbits,breast wood pigeon with a delica frn pe.
two of the finest
manxi

Post by manxi »

HI TANTO

I SHOOT A THEOBEN 2000 AAS200
FROM PRESTON WHERE ARE YOU
CHEERS MANXI.
tanto

Post by tanto »

nice guns
try this link
http://airgunbbs.com/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=91 ... f=87260138
i'm in gloucestershire
spydieman

Post by spydieman »

I just bought a RWS model 93 air rifle a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to try and get into some airgunning in my spare time. Any tips for a newcomer to the sport? I have shot squirrels before with my Daisy BB gun and skinned/gutted them with a Delica. I have also cleaned fish with my Delica.

Mark.
fredswartz

Post by fredswartz »

Have been on the edge of buying an air gun for years but haven't done so. Had a Benjamin pump up .177 pistol as a kid and a model 25 Daisy BB gun which I couldn't wear out. I have since gotten several M25's to plink with (from the 1930's to the last commemorative in the 80's). I hunt with firearms and so far I just haven't gotten the air gun bug.
LIZARD

Post by LIZARD »

I have hunted small game with a Feinwerkbau 124 for many years.While I also hunt with firearms,there is a certain charm to using the air rifle,and of course, the noise factor is a consideration on some properties.Since my gun is in .177 cal. I've found that head shots are the most certain on squirrels and rabbits.If your gun is of a larger caliber such as .22 or .25, you may find that there is enough shocking power so that chest shots are reliable.I have not used one of my Spydies on small game but have used my Starmate to field dress whitetail deer.It does a great job.
Alan2112

Post by Alan2112 »

I used our Gamo 440 Hunter to take one squirrel, I muffed the usual head shot, and it didn't expire right away. I much prefer a .22lr, it's more forgiveing when your off a little! RKBA!