Question on uploading pictures from Galaxy S5

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderNut

Question on uploading pictures from Galaxy S5

Post by SpyderNut »

Okay... I confess to know very little about the fancy-dan electronics of today's day and age. :o Bearing this in mind, would someone please explain how to upload pictures from a Galaxy S5 to Photobucket? I usually just use my USB cord and upload pictures from my S5 to my PC. From there, I upload to Photobucket. I'm sure there is a faster way to do this. If you know of a better/more efficient way to move pictures for uploading, please feel free to share. I've read that Google+ is a good place to upload pics to, as they allow 15 gigs of free space. I appreciate your help!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Question on uploading pictures from Galaxy S5

Post by Doc Dan »

Despite what Photobucket claims, I have never been able to upload directly from my Galaxy. And forget Windows 10 and downloading from the G4 or G5. I never should have upgraded. So, I went to my Mac and downloaded an app called Android File Transfer and downloaded my pics to my Pictures and then uploaded them to Photobucket. The app might let you upload directly to PB, but I am not sure. I got tired of messing with it.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

SpyderNut wrote:Okay... I confess to know very little about the fancy-dan electronics of today's day and age. :o Bearing this in mind, would someone please explain how to upload pictures from a Galaxy S5 to Photobucket? I usually just use my USB cord and upload pictures from my S5 to my PC. From there, I upload to Photobucket. I'm sure there is a faster way to do this. If you know of a better/more efficient way to move pictures for uploading, please feel free to share. I've read that Google+ is a good place to upload pics to, as they allow 15 gigs of free space. I appreciate your help!
Just download the Photobucket app from the Google Play store. Once you have the app installed on your phone there are a couple ways to upload your pics from the gallery to Photobucket. One way is to open the PB app and select upload. When It opens up the gallery you can select which pictures to upload. Another way is to open the gallery and choose "share". Then select Photobucket as the destination to share to. I'm working with a Galaxy S6 but I'm fairly certain the S5 also has the share feature.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Doc Dan wrote:And forget Windows 10 and downloading from the G4 or G5.
Not sure what's going on but there should be no problem uploading pics from your S4 or S5 to your Windows 10 PC. I do it all the time with my S6 and I just helped my sister-in-law do it with her S4 the other night over the phone.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thanks for the info, guys. I really do appreciate that. I'll play with this a later during the game tonight. :D

By the way, is it possible to upload pictures to the "cloud" on Google+ for free? Or is there an annual fee involved?

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

You just need the Photobucket app. Then, you can either upload from your photo gallery on your phone, or from the app itself.

From your gallery, long-press on a pic and it'll highlight that pic and bring up some options on top of the screen. One of them is the share icon which looks kinda like 3 dots connected by lines. Tap that and it'll open up a list of apps you can use to share the pic, and you just find the Photobucket app and tap it.

Or, if you go through the app, there's an "upload" button you tap and that opens your phone gallery and you highlight the pics you want to upload that way.

Then once you have it on Photobucket, you can either use the app or their webpage to highlight the [img] tags and post them to the forum.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thanks, David! That is exactly what I was looking for. Simple and easy--even I can figure this out. ;)