Schempp Bowie slicer

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dbcad

Schempp Bowie slicer

Post by dbcad »

I might have to put a light coating of oil on the super blue Endura and let it sit for a while :eek: The Schempp Bowie has completely supplanted it :eek:

I received the Bowie a few weeks ago, reprofiled the edge, and have been using it since then. This knife slices almost as well as the K :eek:

Open/close action is effortless after the lock broke in. The quality of manufacture is superb :D The grip my hands can get on the Bowie is versatile and secure. I'm finding the negative blade angle to be delightfully useful in all tasks.

Did I say this thing can slice? It's amazing with whole onions, potatoes etc. Some of it's slicing ability might be due to the enhanced edge but most is more likely due to the 2.5mm blade stock and grind. The blade angle might also play a role in the leverage.

Although it's a bit large for me to carry every day the Bowie sits on my desk with the others and gets picked up constantly when I'm home. It is truly delightful to have and use :D :D

This isn't a critical review. I'm just using the thing and am finding it to be delightful :D A unique and enjoyable knife experience.

Leaving with a pic. Everything that needing cutting for the burger was done with the Bowie. Trivial I know but quite fun in the making :D

Enjoy your knives, keep 'em sharp :D

Charlie
Attachments
schemppbowie.jpg