Got sad news about Foundry

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Kohbanang

Got sad news about Foundry

Post by Kohbanang »

Hey there :spyder:
I have a Spyderco C160P Carpenter Foundry for pre order long time,but yesterday got a mail that my order is not going to be made and available to me. :confused:
Anybody have more info haven`t read or found some info.
Thanks
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I have one on the way for me! From a Carpenter employee, though. ;)

As you probably knew, the C160 Foundry is an exclusive knife for Carpenter Technology Corporation. Only current and retired Carpenter employees can buy the knives. The deal was that after the exclusive commitment has been completed, they will become available to everyone. I don't know what the "exclusive commitment" is, so there's no way of determining exactly when they will come out.

So either search one out on the secondary market or wait for them to become available to everyone.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Well heck, if I had known that these were not ever really going to happen for the general public, I would not have let that one go so easy GS! You might have to send it around for a pass-around so we can play with it, especially if it's already gently broken in a bit. Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Well heck, if I had known that these were not ever really going to happen for the general public, I would not have let that one go so easy GS! You might have to send it around for a pass-around so we can play with it, especially if it's already gently broken in a bit. Cheers, Radioactive :)
Good idea on the passaround! That is, if I can ever get that guy to actually ship it. He took 2.5 weeks on the PM1, and he's almost up to 3 weeks on the Foundry. :rolleyes: I had to threaten to take the money back before he would ship the PM1--maybe I should do that with the Foundry, too?
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Good idea on the passaround! That is, if I can ever get that guy to actually ship it. He took 2.5 weeks on the PM1, and he's almost up to 3 weeks on the Foundry. :rolleyes: I had to threaten to take the money back before he would ship the PM1--maybe I should do that with the Foundry, too?
I hate to say it, but as I continued interacting with him, I just more and more nervous. That's just me though, since you're nearby and a former customer, I wouldn't worry completely just yet, but I'd definitely say another rather direct email is in order. His emails to me were very terse and poorly written, so I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from him... Like I was wasting his precious time trying to give him money! I was wondering why no pics yet. Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King