What does everybody think of me so far?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Knivesinedc

What does everybody think of me so far?

Post by Knivesinedc »

I joined in January and i thought I would give it a couple of months and then see what people like and dislike about me. so what do you think?

Edit: I just noticed this thread is in the wrong place. Sorry about that.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Lo/Rez

Post by Lo/Rez »

You seem OK but may need to get glasses.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

I think that you are beautifully & wonderously made, a fine example of Gods creation. Kind to old ladies & pets, a good hearted soul who is also a Spydie lover.
You are also someone who ought not bother about what thoughts faceless internet entities have of you; they don't know you. Search your heart & if you like what you find guard it well, so it does not suffer damage or loss. Your heart is the wellspring of your life & what flows from it determines what others see in you.
O.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I initially thought you were from Washington DC - "Knives in DC". Then I put on my glasses and noticed you were from California. You "left coast" guys are OK by me... :cool:

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Everybody innocent until proven guilty, is the way I roll. :D
nccole

Post by nccole »

Don't know, haven't been following you around. Why do you care? It is not like we can really tell what you are like anyway, it is just words on a screen. I say you not worry about what other people think so much, and be good with yourself ;)
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

I think you need to lose 10 pounds and get a haircut.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Without disregard for family and friends .
Also whilst showing respect to people's thoughts , whom reciprocate kind words etc .
I think once you get to the stage of not caring what your peers think , public perception etc you gain a freedom of mind.
If people don't like me providing I haven't been rude , antagonistic or prejudice then I say don't look.
The I'm in with the cool crowd mentality is shallow and if you can look yourself in the eye.
And say I try my best then who cares what anyone thinks .
I'm not suggesting insecurity issues but others opinions whom only have encountered somebody on a forum.
Is judging a forumite by his forum name ;) .
Be kind , be honest ,be forgiving and if that's not enough then why worry .
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

to be honest I really dont care what other people think of me. I just thought I would ask to see what people said.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

I think it's great that you actually care what people think. These forums wouldn't work if we fight fire with fire, and it's great to see another individual who respects those he converses with.
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

to be honest...maybe you should care........like it or not people will form impressions, thoughts and sometimes (maybe mistakenly) make judgements and decisions based on.... not a whole lot of information. I care what other people think of me and I think it's because I care about myself and other people....Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Knivesinedc wrote:to be honest I really dont care what other people think of me. I just thought I would ask to see what people said.
Ohh good, then I can be honest because it won't hurt you then. :D
diny123

Post by diny123 »

Yes..Why do you ask about yourself to other people..i do not believe in it..Believe in your mind and be prudent in your work and words..
BAL

Post by BAL »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:to be honest...maybe you should care........like it or not people will form impressions, thoughts and sometimes (maybe mistakenly) make judgements and decisions based on.... not a whole lot of information. I care what other people think of me and I think it's because I care about myself and other people....Doc :)
Good stuff Doc.
BAL

Post by BAL »

I have been meaning to say something and maybe now is the time.

Dude, you dress funny, I mean seriously, do you ever look in the mirror before going out.
Where do you shop. Oh yeah and maybe pick up a pair of finger nail clippers and a comb
the next time you're in Walmart.

I know that perople care about what others think and Doc made some great points. It is a
funny thing with the internet and social media. It is hard to understand anything about a
a person based on a few comments here or there and even then you aren't really sure
exactly what they mean without facial expression and voice inflection.

Just be yourself and everything else will fall into place.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

to be honest I really dont care what other people think of me. I just thought I would ask to see what people said.
Good!
The internet is not the place to be if you have self confidence issues. Insulting others is an art form to some now. We are pretty well behaved here but the internet is the worlds wild west and somewhere, in some place, about anything goes. Being just an anonymous avatar in a different country has made a lot of folks into really tough, alpha guys. :) Like any other skill some are clumsy at the insult, some are very clever. Everyone will get ripped on for something eventually. It's inevitable.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Clip

Post by Clip »

I think a good question is "What do I think of this community, and how can I better it?"
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
BAL

Post by BAL »

Ask not what your country can do for you
Ask what you can do for your country. (JFK)
Clip

Post by Clip »

Post softly and carry a big knife.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

The Mastiff wrote:Good!
The internet is not the place to be if you have self confidence issues. Insulting others is an art form to some now. We are pretty well behaved here but the internet is the worlds wild west and somewhere, in some place, about anything goes. Being just an anonymous avatar in a different country has made a lot of folks into really tough, alpha guys. :) Like any other skill some are clumsy at the insult, some are very clever. Everyone will get ripped on for something eventually. It's inevitable.
Cream always floats to the top joe. ;)

There are all kinds here and some just learn to play the game better than others.

When I first came on the forums, I was so surprised that a lot of people really took themselves too seriously and wouldn't even consider to "lighten up". Besides, the forums are a poor substitute for a life...

Interactions on a forum aren't supposed to be taken like interactions in real life. There is a totally different dynamic that exists. For all you know, the well behaved forumite might be a tyrant to his family whom nobody can stand, and the ostraziced troll on the forum could be the most beloved guy in his family and his close associates.