PREDATORS love Social Media. Please check it out.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
BAL

PREDATORS love Social Media. Please check it out.

Post by BAL »

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/on-the-bes ... dia/20453/

The BEST DEFENSE is one of my favorite shows and they are currently going thru re-runs
of this season. The episode that is airing this week is about Social Media and predators
using it as a mean to find victims.

I thought that I would go ahead and post a link to a quick 3 minute clip of the show that
is on the downrange tv website. The video should start if you open the attached link, if not
you might have to click the video to get it started.

If you are not familiar with the show it is hosted by Michael Bane and stars Mike Seeklander
and none other than Spyderco's Michael Janich. Each week they present a scene that has
either happened (such as the recent theatre shooting) or one that very well could happen.
They go over ways to better prepare yourself in these scenerios and how to defend yourself,
or better yet, avoid them, which is of course your BEST DEFENSE.

We should all think about these things and about the information that we present on the internet.
If you have children, it is very important that you teach them about this. It might save their lives.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I do enjoy that show. Thanks for sharing!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear BAL:

Thank you for the post and the kind words about The Best Defense. I'm glad you enjoy the show and find the information helpful in your training.

I am very grateful to Spyderco for allowing me to participate in the show in addition to my full-time employment with them. I am also very happy to hear that the show has been approved for a sixth season, which we will shoot later this year to air in early 2014.

Thanks again for watching!

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
BAL

Post by BAL »

Thanks Mike, appreciate your time to answer.

I record and watch every gun show on tv. Please don't interprete this as the old brown nose
trick, but The Best Defense has always been my favorite, going back to when Rob was on with
you. What I like about the show is that it is more real life situations and how to deal with them.
I like Marty's input from the Law perspective as well.

I am constantly making the wife and boy come in and watch. They roll their eyes at me, but
afterword they are nodding their head about the valuable info that they learned. People don't
realize that predators can be everywhere, even listening to you as you check into a hotel,
leave a coffee shop or trying to hail a cab.

The perp at the movie theatre and gang with crow bars at the restaurant are scary events
that unfortunately are now part of our lives.

Thanks to everyone associated with the show and congrats on the upcoming sixth season.

Stay Safe.
cevtv

Post by cevtv »

Michael Janich wrote:I am also very happy to hear that the show has been approved for a sixth season, which we will shoot later this year to air in early 2014.

Great news!!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I'll never forget flipping through channels one night, and seeing Michael Janich get punched out in front of a hotdog restaurant.

Since then, I've become a fan. Lots of good info. I look forward to seeing some new episodes in the future.
:bug-red-white
Invective

Post by Invective »

BAL wrote: If you are not familiar with the show it is hosted by Michael Bane and stars Mike Seeklander
and none other than Spyderco's Michael Janich.
So is the only requirement to be on the show that your name is Mike/Michael :p

I kid I kid. In all seriousness, thank you Mr. Janich and everyone else who makes this show!I have never seen it but only because I don't really watch TV anymore. I am sure you are providing a great service to many people and helping them feel and act safer!
BAL

Post by BAL »

Invective wrote:So is the only requirement to be on the show that your name is Mike/Michael :p

I kid I kid. In all seriousness, thank you Mr. Janich and everyone else who makes this show!I have never seen it but only because I don't really watch TV anymore. I am sure you are providing a great service to many people and helping them feel and act safer!
And actually I started the thread and that might just be my first name as well.

And also, there are many shows that a person can learn quite a bit from. You
might have to dig around though, or get a tip form a knife forum.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Predators are everywhere ps3 and Xbox live is bad for them too.
When I was a child I lived in a foster home with children whom were abused.
We need people out there catching these scum .
They ruin lives in one act and get soft sentences never seen the show on TV here in uk.
But mike nice one for the work be safe ;) .