Spyderco on Instagram?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ninja

Spyderco on Instagram?

Post by Ninja »

I dont know about all of you guys but im on instagram. I would like to see Spyderco with its own instagram profile. Kershaw, SOG, Zero Tolerance and Benchmade all have one and post pictures of their products daily. I think Spyderco should do the same. Anyone else agree it would be nice to see a spydie or two posted daily?
My spydies: Dodo Orange, Dodo Ti, Dodo Blue, Dodo Black, Millie Orange, Q, R, S, Meerkat Burgundy Sprint, Delica 4 Wave, Manix2 Moonglow, Ladybug H1 Salt Hawkbill, Deliica Green FFG, Endura Clipit SE, Lionspy, Schempp Tuff, Assist, Jigged Bone Damascus Endura, Black Para 2, G10 Dragonfly, Captain... and growing rapidly
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

I tagged a bunch of pics with Spyderco and it seems to get views... there would definitely be an interest in it.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Have to admit that, until very recently, I though Instagram was just a way of making halfway decent digital photos look like ratty 60's Polaroids rather than yet another social networking site. Guess I'm an old fart, and perhaps selfish, but I'd rather see Spyderco stick to this forum and it's BladeForum sub-forums. When information gets spread around willy-nilly between a raft of forums, social networking sites, and other venues it makes it more difficult, rather than easier, to know what's going on. Not to mention requiring more time and effort from Spyderco's rather small staff.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Deacon, I'm a 34 year old fart and I thought the same thing. The fact that you could host normal pics totally astounded me and it wasn't something I knew until I used the app.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
Holland

Post by Holland »

I agree with deacon
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

The Deacon wrote:Have to admit that, until very recently, I though Instagram was just a way of making halfway decent digital photos look like ratty 60's Polaroids rather than yet another social networking site. Guess I'm an old fart, and perhaps selfish, but I'd rather see Spyderco stick to this forum and it's BladeForum sub-forums. When information gets spread around willy-nilly between a raft of forums, social networking sites, and other venues it makes it more difficult, rather than easier, to know what's going on. Not to mention requiring more time and effort from Spyderco's rather small staff.
Count me among the agreers.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

What's an instantgram?
:bug-red-white
Let Us Slay !

Post by Let Us Slay ! »

My girlfriend uses instagram...
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

I'm 27 and I'd prefer spyderco keep it simple forums are enough.
angusW

Post by angusW »

I've never heard of Instagram before today. Would there be any value to Spyderco and the end users by using it? Would this create more work for Spyderco and therefore possibly delaying knife output and increase prices or would this create more buzz for Spyderco and more customers for them which would be better for their bottom line and thus helping them to expand knife output without increasing prices? I don't know if they should or not but if you talk with any successful business person they might tell you that in the "old" days hard work would make you succeed but today hard work is only one component. Innovation is necessary. So maybe this is something Spyderco would look into someday but today they seem to have no need for it right now.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
BAL

Post by BAL »

Don't change what isn't broken.

I'm an old fart myself, but one with a bit of technology mindset.
Nothing against Instaram or anything similar, BUT we seem to
be getting a bit carried away these days with having to have
everything right at our finger tips and instant communication
blah blah blah. Where are you now George Orwell.

One of these days we are going to wake up, look around
and wonder... what the F have we done.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I've never used Instagram, I guess that makes me an old fart too, but it sounds like what you are proposing would take *somebody's* time to take the pictures and post them, and I think they have a lot on their plate right now, and even keeping up with this forum and the "New Products" sticky type things can fall by the wayside.

In the meantime, have you browsed through the pics in the Picture Gallery section here on the forum? Some very talented members here have posted some very nice work!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

I just read through all of these comments and I'm surprised by the responses. Its just a picture service guys and gals, I don't think it really would compete with forums. Information is shared sure but its really just a place for some eye candy.
unowatt

Post by unowatt »

Not sure if we can post links, Since this is related to Spyderco, i guess no harm in posting it!

http://followgram.me/tag/spyderco
:spyder: Dream Big and Keep Dreaming :spyder:

[HR][/HR]My :spyder:
Delica ZDP 189 , Delica C11P SS
Para 2 - Black Satin, Orange, Blue, Brown, Digi Camo - Satin & Black, CF-S90V
Persian, Persian 2 75mm, Zulu, Sage 4, Southard, Calypso(Sprint), Caly3(Sprint), Stretch (Sprint)

Other:
Fallkniven A1

Wish List:
:spyder: Delica - CF, Delica - Ti, ZT-0777, Para 2 Ti, Para 2 Fluted CF, Domino, Karahawk & My Wallet :D

Preorder:
:spyder: Native 5 Fluted Ti, Green Para 2
ZT-0888