Laci Szabo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Stugots-II

Laci Szabo

Post by Stugots-II »

I see they are up on eBay now, should be a lot of happy campers out there now that it is finally being released.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

I have been waiting for this one, the lightening strike CF is really nice.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

IIRC the lightening strike is only going to be on the CC knives...there was talk about something like that. I disliked the idea a lot, but if that is the case then it might be a good idea to grab one of the CC if you se one.
On the hunt for...
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:IIRC the lightening strike is only going to be on the CC knives...there was talk about something like that. I disliked the idea a lot, but if that is the case then it might be a good idea to grab one of the CC if you se one.
Hopefully we can get some confirmation in this, as I've been wondering if that was true or just a misunderstanding.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:IIRC the lightening strike is only going to be on the CC knives...there was talk about something like that. I disliked the idea a lot, but if that is the case then it might be a good idea to grab one of the CC if you se one.
I read that too. We won't really know until it it's in hand, however the Spyderco OpFocus Mid-Year Product Guide species in part:
Spyderco’s new Laci Szabo folder is a serious personal-protection tool. Its dramatic, scimitarshaped blade provides exceptional penetration and cutting performance and is supported by an enhanced Compression Lock mechanism. The ergonomic handle features beautiful gold line carbon fiber scales, full stainless steel liners, an advanced self-close mechanism, and a four-position clip.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

The video review I saw had lightning strike CF and it wasn't a numbered version.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I'm not sure if I'm entirely sold on Lightning Strike CF. It looks fantastic, but I fondled a block of it recently, and I could feel the wire threads poking up in places. One spot actually hurt a little where the wire jabbed into my palm. I'm not sure it this was a result of this sample's finish or whether it can be fixed by sanding.

I ended up not buying the slab because of the cost (ouch! :eek :) , but the texture certainly didn't leave a positive impression...

Anyone else have this experience with LS-CF?

TedP
BAL

Post by BAL »

phillipsted wrote:I'm not sure if I'm entirely sold on Lightning Strike CF. It looks fantastic, but I fondled a block of it recently, and I could feel the wire threads poking up in places. One spot actually hurt a little where the wire jabbed into my palm. I'm not sure it this was a result of this sample's finish or whether it can be fixed by sanding.

I ended up not buying the slab because of the cost (ouch! :eek :) , but the texture certainly didn't leave a positive impression...

TedP
No experience, but I would hope that the final product is as smooth as the GB.
Alos, Would be interested to hear if anyone has experience with it.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I see that KW has them up for preorder now.

I didn't realize the blade length is 5.85" -- just a bit over the Texas limit of 5.5" :( . Between that and the uncertainty of whether the CF does indeed have the "lightning strike gold fibers" on the non-CC numbered ones, I didn't order one yet.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Blade length is 4.60" rod. So you might wanna pull that trigger and get one coming.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

VashHash wrote:Blade length is 4.60" rod. So you might wanna pull that trigger and get one coming.
Ah, it looks like Knife Works had a typo in their initial description of the blade length, but down where they list the stats of the knife they do correctly show it as 4.60", that's better, thanks!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
BAL

Post by BAL »

rodloos wrote:Ah, it looks like Knife Works had a typo in their initial description of the blade length, but down where they list the stats of the knife they do correctly show it as 4.60", that's better, thanks!
Heck, I thought 4.6 was a sick blade for a folder, with a 5.85,
you'd have to tilt your head sideways when you opened it to
keep from flicking your ear off.
thelock

Post by thelock »

phillipsted wrote:I'm not sure if I'm entirely sold on Lightning Strike CF. It looks fantastic, but I fondled a block of it recently, and I could feel the wire threads poking up in places. One spot actually hurt a little where the wire jabbed into my palm. I'm not sure it this was a result of this sample's finish or whether it can be fixed by sanding.

TedP
That won't happen with the Szabo, according to Mr. Janich.
:spyder: Paramilitary 2
:spyder: Bob Lum Tanto Sprint
:spyder: Anso Zulu
:spyder: Szabo Folder
:spyder: Delica ZDP-189
:spyder: SS Kiwi
:spyder: SS Bug set
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

Just ordered mine today and have a tracking number :D man i hate to wait for shipping, it is painful.....

JD
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Mine arrived from Howes today. A huge serving of lightening strike carbon fiber curved blade goodness! :D
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

Tracking says mine arrived today. man i cant wait to get home!!!!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Pinetreebbs wrote:Mine arrived from Howes today. A huge serving of lightening strike carbon fiber curved blade goodness! :D
Pics! We need pics!!
On the hunt for...
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

TedP
So far, no worse than the fibers in G10.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Pics! We need pics!!
Too bad I am not much of a photographer.

Laci Szabo1 by Pinetreebbs, on Flickr

Laci Szabo 2 by Pinetreebbs, on Flickr
DeathBySnooSnoo

Thanks for the pics...it is both a good looking and very ugly knife isn't it. How does it carry in the pocket with the oddly angled clip?
On the hunt for...