Just got my Manix 2 (translucent blue)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ghost

Just got my Manix 2 (translucent blue)

Post by Ghost »

And yikes, it's light. My eyes say "you have a knife in your hand". My hand says "I'm empty. Why am I empty? I should have a knife to play with! Give me a knife!" :p

Anyhow - I want to move the pocket clip to the other side. What size of hex key do I need? I'm also considering playing around with my other knives (Delica, Dragonfly, Tenacious), so I'm buying a full set. Do I need a metric or imperial set of hex keys?
Clip

Post by Clip »

I believe that it's a Torx head like most all other Spydercos (I think T8 on my Manix2 clip IIRC), but don't have one myself so can't confirm.

Check out Wiha or other quality sets to avoid stripping screws.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
PatCatMan

Post by PatCatMan »

Congrats on the "Trans Blue Manix 2"
Love mine - much more than the G-10 version. Trans Blue is perfectly centered - light & strong.
The G-10 model is just strong :( - .
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
MsbS

Post by MsbS »

Sorry for sidetracking, but could you guys comment on the Manix Lightweight steel? I love the blue scales (black is soooo boring), and love the idea of a lightweight but sturdy knife (smaller than my Endura FFG), so this Manix is very high on my wishlist. I'm just a bit puzzled by the unsual steel choice. How does the edge hold? Is it easy to sharpen? How about rust resistance?