Best place to get a steak

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RanCoWeAla

Best place to get a steak

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I just got the idea for for this thread from the knives for dinner thread. In my opinion the best steak you can get anywhere is a fillet mignon at Texas Roadhouse. There is nothing that compares with it.
Clip

Post by Clip »

I generally like grilling my own, but there was a small restaurant back home that would cook a mean filet mignon with bleu cheese on top.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

a filet mignon at my firehouse. our cook is just awesome, he buys the filet from costco and the way he cooks it beats alot of steak reasturants that i have been to. we used to get our steaks from the same place that alot of the famous steak joints would buy from but they quit giving us a discount, i am sure some fireman messed it up for the rest of us :( .
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm a ribeye guy and really i haven't had one at a major steakhouse chain that was bad. Texas Roadhouse is very good but i think i like Longhorn's ribeye just a little better, i like how they season theirs.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

my grill- nice local german smoke/sausage/meat market on butternut st-stiegerwalds
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Best steak I've had was at Ceasars in Vegas. 20 oz Filet that I pulled apart with a fork. They would even give you a knife.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

For me it was the Old San Francisco Steak House in San Antonio, Texas. It was really great when I went there in the mid 1990s. It closed then reopened and was still pretty good when I went there again in 2008, although I felt the steaks may have been a bit better in the mid 1990s.

Prime rib was always my favorite to get at the Old San Francisco Steak House. Outstanding in its preparation and very tender, and in the mid 1990s it would melt in your mouth. The atmosphere is most outstanding, and they still have the gal on the swing kicking the cow bell on the ceiling.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
mattman

Post by mattman »

RanCoWeAla-
You should have stopped at the Chop House while you were in the Smokies... my personal favorite steak, and I travel a LOT.
No need for a knife on their filets, side of the fork is all you need...
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey ran,
I have to agree with you about texas roadhouse!
The wife and i just went there last night, and the filet was fantastic!
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Matt, I may have eaten at The Chop House before. When my Daughter and I were in the Gatlingurg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville area a few weeks ago we ate at a really good place somewhere in the Pigeon Forge, Sevierville area on the West bound side main. I remember we commented on it being comparable to Texas Roadhouse because that's a hobby of ours when we travel to try and find a fillet as good as T.R. We discussed eating at the T.R. at the East end of town but decided to support the local businesses while in the area. S.G. is that the Texas Roadhouse you were talking about?
Cincinati

how do you do

Post by Cincinati »

responses very good! )
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Mattman,
I was wrong. it was Bullfish where we ate in Seviereville or Pigeon Forge. It was good also.
mattman

Post by mattman »

yes, I was thinking that Chop House is on the east side, but I needed to look at a map to recall... it's in the Tanger Outlet plaza next time you go... I HIGHLY recommend it!
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I grew up in Cow Country - Oklahoma U.S.A.

There is a little restaurant right outside the front gate of the Oklahoma City Stockyard that has been serving up slabs of beef for over 100 years - Cattlemen's Cafe. Hands down the best beef you'll ever put in your mouth.

TedP

Cattlemen's Cafe Web Site
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

There was a place in Can Cun across from the hotel I went to every time I stayed there. Filet Mignon for about $4 american back then. For those whove been there the steak seemed bigger just like all the fruits. Giant Papyas, Mangos, etc. I haven't been there in over 10 years but when I used to go with my family every year ( 6 straight years) they really took care of the tourists.

I don't think I've ever had a filet anywhere that large or tender. That, and papayas as big as our large watermelons. It was great.

Usually I cook steaks at home though.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
KBR

Post by KBR »

I prefer a big ol' ribeye and although I do like the steaks at the Texas Roadhouse, I've found an even better ribeye steak at the Texas Land & Cattle restaurant in San Antonio, TX.
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
mil

Post by mil »

ruth's chris is hard to beat IMO
KBR

Post by KBR »

mil wrote:ruth's chris is hard to beat IMO
I've heard nothing but good things about that place......I'll try that place out one of these days.
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Where is Ruth's Chris located?
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."
"Measure for Measure"
-W. Shakespeare