Sage2 Content

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Stony

Sage2 Content

Post by Stony »

Well after owning all the Sage variants I have come to the conclusion that the Sage2 is still the top dog for me. It is perfect in every way. My absolute favorite Sage or Spyderco for that matter.....Perfection!!!

So this got me thinking, which is your favorite Sage? let's hear it, or see them.
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

That's good to hear, I have one inbound. I will finally get to audition one either tomorrow or Tuesday.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Mine is my Sage 3. I held all 3 at the SFO and I was drawn to the 3. I love Blue G10 and the 3 opens and closes like butter. One of my favorite Spydies to play with while watching TV :D

-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Stony

Post by Stony »

rg02 wrote:Mine is my Sage 3. I held all 3 at the SFO and I was drawn to the 3. I love Blue G10 and the 3 opens and closes like butter. One of my favorite Spydies to play with while watching TV. :D
I hear ya, it drives my wife nuts when we are watching TV and all she hears is the clicking of the lock bar.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

My wife is used to it by now. She is not use to the purchasing habit though lol.
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
GotDogs

Post by GotDogs »

Sage 2. Fit, Finish, weight......Just a sweet knife. John :spyder:
I may look calm, but in my head I've killed you 3 times.
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

I prefer the the the Sage 3. It is the closest thing to a "mini" Manix 2 (especially due to the lock). The blue G10 is surprisingly attractive in person and (like everyone says) The open/close motion is super smooth and fluid. It's also a good size for my pocket and has my favorite blade steel (S30V). I also like the seamless design of the back spacer into the handle. All good stuff.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

After just getting the Sage 4, it's my favorite. The Sage 2 is great, but the beautiful wood and ti bolsters put the Sage 4 on top for me...

:bug-red-white
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

Stony wrote:I hear ya, it drives my wife nuts when we are watching TV and all she hears is the clicking of the lock bar.
Took me a few minutes to stop laughing. I got the same situation at home, and over the years, she still can't get used to it. Lol. :cool:
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

My favorite will be the compression lock sage 5....I hope it will be #5

K back to reality. I like the 1, 2 & 4 that I have. I do not know if I have a favorite as they are all unique in their own way.

I love the 1 for the nice CF, liner lock and flow through design
I love the 2 for the titanium and flowthorugh design, not sure about the frame lock; seems too easy to accidentally unlock the blade with very little accidental effort ( I was just examining this today)
I love the 4 for the Ti Bolsters and arizonian ironwoodm but liners are extremely sharp
I have been wanting the 3, but have not seen one in person. I am not too sure about the blue on this one, but will buy one no matter what cause I want all of them :D
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
kawr

Post by kawr »

As much as I love the Sage 2, I'll have to pick the Sage 1 as my favorite. Its got this glassy smooth action and rock solid lockup. Also the cf just feels really good in my hands. I would have to say the Sage 1 is my favorite Spyderco knife at this time.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Gotta say the Sage 1 for me as well. I ended up buying a second one of these when I found a good deal on it. Just so smooth, easy to clean, light, strong, and I'm a liner lock fan. The 2 would be second on my list but it doesn't get nearly as much carry time. Really like the way the Sage 1 fits in my hand. Have to thank jackknifeh for this one. After reading all his posts about how much he liked the Sage I broke down and bought one......then another, and another, and another. :p :o This is currently one of my favorite Spydies. Guess I need to get it out and give a few passes on the strop. :spyder: This is a lot of knife for it's size. Oh, I failed to mention, the large cutaway/relief allows for excellent access to the Spydie hole and linerlock which makes opening and closing a joy.
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

I've owned the 1-3 and I have to say, I agree with the OP and prefer the Sage 2.

I really like the Ti frame lock, though I'm somewhat tempted to try the Sage 4.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

The Sage3 was my first Spydie keeper (I gave a choilless Tenacious to a friend), and I EDC'd it for several months. Then I got the Sage2, which I now EDC (I see it as the most minimal of all the Sages and almost surgical). Then, out of respect for the series' purpose, I got the Sage1. As I'm all in for Sages, I look forward to the beauteous Sage4. I just hope the scales on mine will be less dark than some have been shown to be.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Sage 2, Ti Frame Lock FTW!

Its my fav small sized folder.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I love the first three Sages equally. They are sorta like kids - you shouldn't play favorites!

The jury is still out on the Sage IV in my household...

TedP
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I'm with OP. The Sage 2 does not disappoint. I'm a huge fan of all things titanium. I even have a pair of titanium chopsticks that I use when I eat sushi.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>

Post by 5.56 »

Sage2 is close to being the best Spyderco knife ever made.

-Rob

Knuckle dragger
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

It's got to be the Sage 2 for me.

It's the only Sage I own. :) Image
My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p
GotDogs

Post by GotDogs »

JAfromMN wrote:It's got to be the Sage 2 for me.

It's the only Sage I own. :) Image
What light is that? Looks sweet. John
I may look calm, but in my head I've killed you 3 times.