I made up my mind!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
zunedog31

I made up my mind!

Post by zunedog31 »

After 2 weeks tossing and turning in my sleep and asking millions of questions on here I have ORDERED my first of two knives.

Drumroll......... DRAGONFLY G10!

:D :D :D
Own or have owned: Manix2, Dragonfly G10, Sage 1, Tasman Salt, Delica 4 waved, Kiwi, SS Police, Orange PM2, Pacific Salt, Gayle Bradley, Tenacious, Harpy, Military, Salsa, ZDP-189 Ladybug

Come chat with us on IRC at #Spyderco!
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?
Adriaan

Post by Adriaan »

I don't own a dragonfly G10, but i think it's a good choice for an EDC knife. (if no larger blade is needed for your tasks)
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

Handy little knife.

I carry one regular basis.
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Congrats on your decision. I have the G-10 Dragonfly and love it; Great little knife! I had the FRN DF, but didnl't like the feel of the FRN and no liners; so keeping it for my son.
I carry this knife all the time along with a slightly larger knife as well. You will be happy, Its a sweet knife!

So whats the next one?
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

That is a great starter. You cannot go wrong with the Dfly in G10. I love mine. Solid and the blade can do more than lots of people think. Next up is a 3" blade size, then 4" blade size, etc... :D
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Stretch would be a great next purchase for you my friend. Welcome to the sickness
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

Allen R. wrote:Stretch would be a great next purchase for you my friend. Welcome to the sickness
Yep, I recently got a stretch myself, but keep delaying the inevitable Dragonfly.
I'm kinda stuck between the vg10 and the H1 versions,though.
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

MIL-DOT wrote:Yep, I recently got a stretch myself, but keep delaying the inevitable Dragonfly.
I'm kinda stuck between the vg10 and the H1 versions,though.
Thats an easy one for me; I do not like FRN, so would have to be G-10/vg-10
Also I do not do a lot of cutting around water. a G-10 version with H1 would be sweet too!
Good luck with your decision
zunedog31

Post by zunedog31 »

INFRNL wrote:Congrats on your decision. I have the G-10 Dragonfly and love it; Great little knife! I had the FRN DF, but didnl't like the feel of the FRN and no liners; so keeping it for my son.
I carry this knife all the time along with a slightly larger knife as well. You will be happy, Its a sweet knife!

So whats the next one?
I think it will be a Delica. The delica will become my everyday user most likely. The budget is $80 so I might be able to get a Sage CF from amazon. I love suggestions if you want to toss any in the mix :D
Own or have owned: Manix2, Dragonfly G10, Sage 1, Tasman Salt, Delica 4 waved, Kiwi, SS Police, Orange PM2, Pacific Salt, Gayle Bradley, Tenacious, Harpy, Military, Salsa, ZDP-189 Ladybug

Come chat with us on IRC at #Spyderco!
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

zunedog31 wrote:I think it will be a Delica. The delica will become my everyday user most likely. The budget is $80 so I might be able to get a Sage CF from amazon. I love suggestions if you want to toss any in the mix :D
For me, I think the delica is a tad big for my likings, but that could soon change after i get all the smaller ones I want.

I love the sage and the Native 5. I got my sage1 for $86
I will have to do some homework to help with the sub $100 knives
Definitely Sage1 Very sweet knife
Para-military 2 is close to $100 range
Stretch FRN
Superleaf
Chapparal

I will report back with any others I can think of. The above listed are all great/popular models that can be found right at or below $100
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

zunedog31 wrote:After 2 weeks tossing and turning in my sleep and asking millions of questions on here I have ORDERED my first of two knives.

Drumroll......... DRAGONFLY G10!

:D :D :D
Gratz!!!
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

INFRNL wrote:For me, I think the delica is a tad big for my likings, but that could soon change after i get all the smaller ones I want.

I love the sage and the Native 5. I got my sage1 for $86
I will have to do some homework to help with the sub $100 knives
Definitely Sage1 Very sweet knife
Para-military 2 is close to $100 range
Stretch FRN
Superleaf
Chapparal
When you say the "delica is a tad big", did you by chance mean to say "endura"? because IIRC, the delica is smaller and lighter (not to mention,more economical) than all those others on your list. :)
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......