Southfork - Gorgeous!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
feed_the_animals

Southfork - Gorgeous!

Post by feed_the_animals »

http://www.gpknives.com/spydercosouthfork.html

I'm sure I'm late to the party on this one, but the Southfork looks absolutely stunning.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I'm really looking forward to this one!

I see its almost exactly the same size as the Aqua Salt.

It will probably be the cheapest way to get hold of a Phil Wilson knife in S90V (even though its not a custom).
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Siren, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'm down for at least one. I think I found my new FB edc
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

My first reaction was "wow thats pricey" and then after a few seconds contemplation "wow thats cheap." If you think about the amount of grinding and the amount of S90V which must go into a (I believe full tang) 10" knife that is a lot. This looks like a real winner here from Spyderco. I know I'm down for at least one. I'd like to get a look at the sheath. I'd really love it if this one came with a sheath and G-clip which facilitated inside the waistband carry. (just like most of spyderco's other fixed blades)
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I actually plan on making a leather sheath for it. Considering what customs go for in this steel its a steal. Also its not easy finding someone willing to work with it. I found a custom maker but he was getting ready to stop using it. He also wouldn't make the exact knife I wanted. He would make knives and offer them but wouldnt do a full custom knife for me. I found out about Phil Wilson after but I can't afford customs right now I'm hoping to have a better job come 2012.
dman62

Post by dman62 »

I agree, one awesome looking blade. I'll cough up the dough for one.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

World-beater steel....Spyderco HT...legendary designer...a must. :spyder:
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

I pre-ordered one. Definitely a must buy ;)

Will
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I agree, it's on my wishlist as well. Until it's in my hands, I'll have to make do with the prototype pictures I took in March.

My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
Blades

Post by Blades »

--Jason--
Rhiney

Post by Rhiney »

Looks gorgeous, i can't wait.

Does anyone know anything about the tang? Full tang? Skeletonized? This looks like it'll be a fast and light slicing machine!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Rhiney wrote:Looks gorgeous, i can't wait.

Does anyone know anything about the tang? Full tang? Skeletonized? This looks like it'll be a fast and light slicing machine!
From the pics of the prototype two posts above, it is full tang, but whether/how much the tang is skeletonized is unclear.
Cliff Stamp

Post by Cliff Stamp »

If the prototype is similar to that it would be difficult to tell it apart from Wilson's knives. That looks to be an amazing production version.
xavierdoc

Post by xavierdoc »

I would love to know how thin behind the edge it is. Phil trusts his custom customers not to abuse their knives and so he goes for a thin blade that slices incredibly well. I'd love it if this knife replicates that philosophy.
UKPK G10, UKPK Ti, Para 2CF&20CP, Stretch CF, Stretch CF conv, Manix2 M4,Endura Wave, Endura ZDP189, Pacific Salt, Captain, Gunting S30v, P'Kal, Gayle Bradley,Atlantic Salt, Spyderhawk, Crossbill, Wings slipit
Mules: CTSBD1, Super Blue, S90V, VG10, S35VN, Cos-3, M390 Fixed: Bushcraft, Warrior
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

Just wanted to make sure I understood correctly that this wasn't a Sprint run. If it's a Sprint, since I want two of them, I'll need to lock-in a pre-order ASAP. If not, I've got time to find one. Thanks for the help - I've lost track of this knife.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Not a sprint; it's in the 2012 catalog as a regular production item.

Of course it has to sell in order to have a 2nd production run.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

Thanks - I'm sure it will sell well. :)
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

It's the one knife in the projected 2012 lineup that I'm looking at as an absolute 'must-have.' I suspect it's going to be extremely popular to say the least.
spinynorman

Post by spinynorman »

Wow, that's an instant classic! Like the kind of knife that will be highly prized and sought after years from now. Just beautiful, and it has all of the best qualities, IMHO, of a perfect knife! American made I assume by the steel, full tang, micarta, flat ground, and a very gently curved sweep to the blade... I'll be wanting one of those...
hickster

Post by hickster »

I believe it was said to be produced by the Taichung maker. If so, quality should be impeccable.
hickster