A Personal Thank You To Sal

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
joetheknifeguy

A Personal Thank You To Sal

Post by joetheknifeguy »

I just purchased the Tri-Angle Sharpmaker a few weeks ago and had the time to watch the video along with the book today. I plan on watching it again and reading the book a few more times until I start sharpening. I plan on using some cheap knives in the beginning to practice. Now, I am not new at sharpening, but with this sharpmaker, I am a biginner. I have heard nothing but great things about it from my hunting and knife collecting buddies.
What I really wanted to say here is Thank You Sal for a wonderful video! At 55 I have seen my share of instructional videos and I have to say this is one of, if not the best I have ever watched. Sal, you are a great educator with plenty of patience. Man, would I love to break bread with you and pick your brain for a while. The history and knowledge stored up there has to be vast.
Well, thanks again for a great video and great product. Can't wait to start sharpening!
Joe :spyder:
Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Jus wait until you discover the ultra fine rods, Its a whole 'nother level of sharpness, Enjoy the SM its a very fine tool.
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Joe,

You are most welcome. Thanx for the interest and support.

The knife knowledge and history that my little brain has managed to accumulate is often shared on the forums. "Have knowledge will share".

Hope you enjoy the sharpener. The more you know about sharpening an edge, the more you will enjoy the tool. I would suggest that you get a loupe, maybe 10X -12X. Watching the edge "grow" as you sharpen is worthwhile.

sal
joetheknifeguy

Post by joetheknifeguy »

Thank you sir, have a great weekend, Joe
Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
buckeye_jeff

Post by buckeye_jeff »

sal wrote:Hi Joe,

You are most welcome. Thanx for the interest and support.

The knife knowledge and history that my little brain has managed to accumulate is often shared on the forums. "Have knowledge will share".

Hope you enjoy the sharpener. The more you know about sharpening an edge, the more you will enjoy the tool. I would suggest that you get a loupe, maybe 10X -12X. Watching the edge "grow" as you sharpen is worthwhile.

sal
Sal,

Thanks for suggestion of getting a loupe, that is a great idea. Like Joe, I just picked up a sharpmaker and I just got done sharpening 10 knives. My wife is going to have a nice surprise the first time she uses one of them. :D
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Jeff,

Better tell her. If she gets a surprise by cutting herself you will be "Doghouse_Jeff" . ;)

sal
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

sal wrote:Hi Jeff,

Better tell her. If she gets a surprise by cutting herself you will be "Doghouse_Jeff" . ;)

sal
This happened to me with the Super Blue Mule in the kitchen. Be sure to warn others about a very sharp edge. Mishandling of such an edge will result in injury :eek:
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
-F1

Post by -F1 »

^ That happened to me after the first knife I sharpened with my SharpMaker. One of our steak knives we've had since Moby Dick was a minnow, and never sharpened before. Like an idiot, I wiped the blade off between two fingers, and got a nice cut. Before sharpening, I could have juggled with it without concern.