Spyders You Would Like to see in SE?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Spyders You Would Like to see in SE?

Post by JD Spydo »

My very first Spyder was a fully serrated, GIN-1 Mariner (1995). I immediately gained a huge respect for Spyderco's Spyderedge ( serrated) blades. For the longest time you could get just about get any of the great Spyderco models in Spyderedge. But here in the past 3 years or so that has somewhat changed and many models are not offered in SE :(

There have been several models that I personally would have like to have had in Spyderedge but they weren't available. The C-111 Captain model in particular was one that wasn't offered in Spyderedge and I thought that blade would have been a superbeast in SE :cool:

I also wanted the Superhawk and the Temperance II in Spyderedge but so far it hasn't happened.

I'm wondering what models you all would like to see made available in SE that currently aren't available in that edge type?
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

A few models come to mind, but right now I'd really like to see a serrated Paramilitary 2.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
navajasound

Post by navajasound »

I would like to see the Endura FRN with fully serrated blade and a Mule !
Tobotech

Post by Tobotech »

Mr Blonde wrote:A few models come to mind, but right now I'd really like to see a serrated Paramilitary 2.
how about a paramilitary2 in H1 (paraNAVY ?)

I'm surprised that there isn't a serrated PM2 yet given the demand for the PE.
JD Spydo

SE in any type of Spyder

Post by JD Spydo »

You can list folders, fixed blades and specialty blades like the Salt Series that you all would like to see in Spyderedge.

Remembering just how great the original Catcherman was/is in Spyderedge that's one I truly wish could make a comeback in full SE ( especially in H-1).
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Schempp Rock.

Just because I want to see how mean it would look. :D
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I would like to see an S90V anything in SE. Also agree wiith most of what was said. Para 2 temp 2 superhawk for sure
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I have a few SE Spydies, but almost always use PE. I don't remember a time I've ever wished I had SE.
:bug-red-white
JD Spydo

S90V Mili in SE

Post by JD Spydo »

VashHash wrote:I would like to see an S90V anything in SE. Also agree wiith most of what was said. Para 2 temp 2 superhawk for sure
Yes Sir!! A C-36 Military model SE in S90V!!! >> that would be the folder version of a salt water crocidile :eek: ''

Every Hawkbill deserves to be offered in SE>> so should the Superhawk.

The Temperance 2 would be a virtual chainsaw in SE :cool:
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Would S90V work as SE? Not too tough a steel so wouldn't be a higher chance of breaking a serration off?
On the hunt for...
black

Post by black »

Mr Blonde wrote:now I'd really like to see a serrated Paramilitary 2.
Me too.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Yep, fully serrated Para 2 or Military, especially in a Sprint Run steel or better yet, H1
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Add another vote for a SE ParaMilitary 2.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Ok, , I was originally going to say I don't care to see any Spyderco knives in SE. But I must admit that a Para2 in SE would be 'interesting.' I'd buy one for the novelty of it alone. Also, , I love the Para-Navy name mentioned earlier.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Nice to see more forumites wishing for a full SE Para-2! As a heavy-duty use I think a full SE edge is a no-brainer. The teeth allow for a longer cutting edge on the blade and the blade stays sharper for a longer time. The SE also has more grip on some smooth materials like hard plastics. The Para-2's 'dad' The Military came in full SE for years and was very much appreciated by those who knew the advantages of SE. Why not the jr. Para-2? I know the general knife market doesn't care much for SE these days, but how about a sprint for the AFi's?
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

navajasound wrote:I would like to see the Endura FRN with fully serrated blade
A fully serrated den endura is available
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

saber ground vg10 se mule baby!!!!
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

I think that a Massad Ayoob SE could be very nice. A very martial blade like the civilian.
The original Massad was available in serrated edge and I was surprised to didn't see the new sprint run with SE declination.

Or a SE squeak like a toad: short utility blade for office use.
Something like that:
(photomontage)
"The things you own end up owning you."
Tyler, Fight Club

:spyder: My spyderco :spyder:

Geoffrey
Anon.Alpha

Post by Anon.Alpha »

Blerv wrote:Schempp Rock.

Just because I want to see how mean it would look. :D
I second that!

I'd also like to see a SE on the Yojimbo 2 and the (soon to be released?) Military 2.

And speaking of SE, anybody know if a Civilian 2 might be coming out? I'd love to see it with a compression lock and choil like the Para-Mili 2.
"This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man." ~William Shakespeare

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." ~Mark Twain
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Well I dearly love my 440V SE Millies. But I go all weak at the knees at the very thought an S90V SE Millie.
So **** YEAH!!!

....and with that being said I certainly would not turn my nose up an SE Para II although I think it would be even more interesting with some XHP thrown into the mix. ;)

J

...I'd be keen to try out Mr Schempp's Tuff with a full set of teeth too :eek:
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK