Spyderco Customer Service wows yet again!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BFH

Spyderco Customer Service wows yet again!

Post by BFH »

I've lurked here for six months or so, but felt the need to spread the word about my great Spyerco customer service experience:

The other day, as I was tightening a clip screw on my Manix 2, I got a bit excited and snapped the screw in half. After a bit of plier work, I managed to extract both halves (phew!). Now I guess I know not to overtorque screws. Searched around a bit on the website, found the warranty claim section, and shot an email to W&R. The next morning at 9 AM sharp I received an email from Charlynn asking for my address to send me a new screw. I checked the mail today (exactly 1 week later), and I received 3 new screws with loctite already in the threads and a handwritten note from Spyderco. Wow!

I was expecting to pay at least 10 bucks for a new screw and shipping. Spyderco is just awesome, in the quality of their products and in the care and personal attention of their staff.

I figured that this would be a decent first post. :)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Just bumping... sorry BFH, your thread hit the moderators queue and I've been traveling quite a bit, so I didn't catch it. :o

Welcome to the Spyderco Forums, we hope you enjoy your time with us.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi BFH,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum and thanx much for the kind words.

sal
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

welcome . i hope i never need the spyderco customer service but nice to know they are there . greeetzzz
Waco

Post by Waco »

That's good to know. So far, I've had no reason to contact customer service. My knives have given me zero problems and I haven't lost or broken any parts yet. :)
bc

Post by bc »

I'm afraid to even mention it...but lately I've been sending my (heavily) used knives back for a re-sharpening. Just $5, and you can send a few back at once. They come back scary sharp, looking like new!

I sent them a Bushcraft that was a little rusted and pitted (bad ownership!) and it came back gleaming.

Spyderco is the best. I guess I have what they call "brand loyalty", cause I can't seem to buy anything but spydie's.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

bc wrote:I sent them a Bushcraft that was a little rusted and pitted (bad ownership!) and it came back gleaming.
Was that a Bushcraft seconds you sent back? I've wondered if they would sharpen my Bushcraft seconds for me if I sent it back.
bc

Post by bc »

Yup. It was a second. And I'm not kidding, it came back looking like new and sharper then ever.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Welcome BFH, don't be a stranger. Most here don't bite. Most don't, but a few might.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I've had great experiences with Spyderco CS, phone and email. Everyone there always seems happy. Seems like it might a nice place to go to work every day.

Sal, how much would I need to pay you to work there? :D

Jack
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

bc wrote:" ... Spyderco is the best. I guess I have what they call "brand loyalty", cause I can't seem to buy anything but spydie's."
And that's the deal. Once you get accustomed to the ergos, the build, the fit and finish, and the price point that got you all those, there is no competition ... pretty simple and effective formula really.

Just good value - go figure.

:)

~ Edge
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... In practice, there is."
Ken44

Post by Ken44 »

I just had great CS from Spyderco as well. Charlynn was a pleasure to talk with, and they had my knife back very quick.
I have used them once in the past with the same great results, and it's one of the main reason I buy more Spyderco than any other.