Does anyone EDC a citadel mini?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
SecSpyral

Does anyone EDC a citadel mini?

Post by SecSpyral »

Cause I really want a small black citadel :D
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

If you want it so bad there's no need to post about it, we're such enablers here. :D
If you want it and it's a Spydie we say GO FOR IT!
If it's perfectly legal for you to EDC it, size is right, weight is right and you like autos, get and use one. :p
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

Creepo wrote:If you want it so bad there's no need to post about it, we're such enablers here. :D
If you want it and it's a Spydie we say GO FOR IT!
If it's perfectly legal for you to EDC it, size is right, weight is right and you like autos, get and use one. :p
is it heavy?
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

The 83mm Citadel is 4.8oz, which I would call pretty beefy for a knife that size.
So for example, it is heavier than a SS Delica but lighter than an SS Endura.
I scrolled through the catalog and the Civilian, Jason Breeden Rescue are Superleaf are very close. The Manix2 is also close to it (regular version).
It's no lightweight but it's all about personal preference, some like heavy blades, some don't. PERSONALLY I'd take the Embassy since it is lighter (3.6oz). :) But I'm also a sucker for wharnie style blades. :p
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

Creepo wrote:The 83mm Citadel is 4.8oz, which I would call pretty beefy for a knife that size.
So for example, it is heavier than a SS Delica but lighter than an SS Endura.
I scrolled through the catalog and the Civilian, Jason Breeden Rescue are Superleaf are very close. The Manix2 is also close to it (regular version).
It's no lightweight but it's all about personal preference, some like heavy blades, some don't. PERSONALLY I'd take the Embassy since it is lighter (3.6oz). :) But I'm also a sucker for wharnie style blades. :p
Thanks for the help. the only reason I'm even considering getting it is because I sold my original paramilitary in hopes of getting my s90v grail only to be shot down and not get one so I've been playing the secondary market in hopes of snatching one up but I've had the small citadel on my list for a while now. I thought maybe it would hold me over as an edc until I can get my grail
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I have an Embassy in my EDC rotation and really like it. I've handled both the Citadel and Embassy, ,both are nice, but for me the Embassy won out. Fit, Finish, Function, , I'd say one would be hard pressed to beat it.
TBob

Post by TBob »

I also vote for the Embassy. I have an 83mm Citadel as well and it's a great knife, but it is a bit beefy for me for daily pocket carry. The Citadel weighs 4.8 oz vs. the Embassy's 3.6 oz. I also find that the Embassy fits my hand better, although the Citadel isn't bad. The blade shapes are also different, and that may influence an EDC decision. Personally, I see the Embassy as an office/urban knife and the Citadel as a field knife, but that's just me.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

i think I'll probably hold out and wait to see if I can get the para I want and use a back-up blade for a bit :/
Unlimitedx

Post by Unlimitedx »

I have been carrying the large Citadel EDC, at work, for about 3weeks now. It's a brick of a knife, but fits perfect clipped into the plate pouch of my vest.
I hope to add the embassy to my collection one day soon, but I'm on a break from knife buying for a while.
:spyder: Hello, my name is Bill, I'm a Spyderco addict.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

I love my 83mm citadel, its a **** of a knife! My only complaint is the weight as mentioned but if your wearing jeans or work pants then you dont really notice it when carrying.
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

how do you think it would fair in slicing cardboard, plastic ties, and tape/plastic? I think it would make a great work tool
TBob

Post by TBob »

SecSpyral wrote:how do you think it would fair in slicing cardboard, plastic ties, and tape/plastic? I think it would make a great work tool
Very well. It's robust and the CPM S30v blade holds its edge very well. I believe that it's designed as a work knife.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
Buffalohump

Post by Buffalohump »

The large size Citadel is one of my favourite knives. Its beautifully made. Mine is the all black one and its a work of art....
TBob

Post by TBob »

Buffalohump wrote:The large size Citadel is one of my favourite knives. Its beautifully made. Mine is the all black one and its a work of art....
That pretty much describes most Spydercos. :)
Buffalohump

Post by Buffalohump »

Ha ha, yes indeed but the Citadel is really something special. The attention to detail is quite something. Its like the Darth Vader of Spydercos - totally black everywhere except for the little inlaid Spyder logo. You can see its a knife that was made for professionals who place a high premium on quality equipment.
TBob wrote:That pretty much describes most Spydercos. :)