SpydieGuys

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
nnorvell

SpydieGuys

Post by nnorvell »

I know I'm late on this topic but what the heck happened to these guys.
rycen

Post by rycen »

Did you try a search?
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
frontline29

Post by frontline29 »

They IMHO were super shady. I'm glad to see them leave eBay. Hope they don't come back. Do a search for "DO NOT BUY FROM Spydie Guys or habadash2010" and you'll see what im talking about.
markg

Post by markg »

Not sure "shady" is a good term. I did a lot of business with them, the model they used could sometimes goes awry, but they never stole anything from me, and if asked, a refund was quickly offered.

Sydieguys had issues because they sold stuff "they were getting" because they ran automatic auctions off that assumption. If the knives then did not come from Spyderco, you had an issue. The system was flawed. That being said, I had ordered maybe 50 knives from them over the last couple of years, and only had two issues. A painfully late UKPK, and Ti Military that was not in stock. In the later case I got a full refund quickly.

Jess was OK to deal with, however often questions about shipping or delays answered by his staff were combative. If you talked to Jess himself things got worked out.

They moved off eBay due to fee issues. Last I heard, they were trying to set up their own auction site on their webpage.
Teddy Thompson

Post by Teddy Thompson »

markg wrote:Jess was OK to deal with, however often questions about shipping or delays answered by his staff were combative. If you talked to Jess himself things got worked out.

They moved off eBay due to fee issues. Last I heard, they were trying to set up their own auction site on their webpage.
Jess could be pretty obnoxious and combative himself, assuming you could get his attention at all. The major complaints I saw were the result of either a total lack of communication or rude answers to customer inquiries after shipping the wrong knife, or selling a knife they did not have in stock. As for his claim the move from eBay was over fees, it does seem odd that, shortly after his "Checkers speech" YouTube video, he popped up on eBay as habadash2010 only to disappear again after being outed for that on BladeForum.
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
frontline29

Post by frontline29 »

Yup shady was the term I was looking for...
markg

Post by markg »

I am going to hazard a guess that leaving eBay sucked for them. I serious doubt they are going to move the same volume off their website.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

frontline29 wrote:Yup shady was the term I was looking for...
shady is too kind imo :D

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47011
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

markg wrote:i am going to hazard a guess that leaving ebay sucked for them. I serious doubt they are going to move the same volume off their website.
smoothone25 wrote:i think ebay was his "bread and butter."
despite what he said not having ebay may have put him out of business. (im cool with him being gone, not hurting spy's rep :) )
^i said that in the other thread. prob the truth...^
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
frontline29

Post by frontline29 »

clovisc

Post by clovisc »

this can only be good for spyderco.

if i were a business that took pride in customer satisfaction, i would not want to associate with a retailer who was rebranding my product (etching their business name and website on the blade), making it seem as if their company -- not my own -- had produced the product.

nor would i wish to deal with a retailer who was slightly modifying the name of my business and using it as their own business name -- especially if they were providing horrible service, leaving scores of customers unhappy... or without the product they paid for!
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

clovisc wrote:
if i were a business that took pride in customer satisfaction, i would not want to associate with a retailer who was rebranding my product (etching their business name and website on the blade), making it seem as if their company -- not my own -- had produced the product.

nor would i wish to deal with a retailer who was slightly modifying the name of my business and using it as their own business name -- especially if they were providing horrible service, leaving scores of customers unhappy... Or without the product they paid for!

+1
frontline29

Post by frontline29 »

No doubt. +1

I wouldn't want my products being sold by a dealer who conducts business in such a negative fashion. Especially with their dealer name being "Spydie guy's"

That's just bad for business if you ask me.

Now they will have their own little unofficial ebay setup on there site that they can now control and manipulate. :rolleyes:

There should be some kind of law or regulations about that. Or something set in place to keep it honest at least.

Why can't they just sell knives normally like every other dealer on the block?
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Not defending them, nor condoning them, but I think we need to let this SpydieGuys stuff rest.

I think it's Peanut Butter time folks!
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Gibsoniam

Post by Gibsoniam »

David Lowry wrote:Not defending them, nor condoning them, but I think we need to let this SpydieGuys stuff rest.

THIS.

I am craving a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwhich. I'm off to the kitchen!
Mike :cool:

<><
1 Peter 3:15

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Winston Churchill

EDC
Spyderco Meerkat Sprint
HDS Systems EDC Executive 140W
Fisher Space Pen
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

David Lowry wrote:Not defending them, nor condoning them, but I think we need to let this SpydieGuys stuff rest.

Agree, oh, and I like pie.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
AH2525

Post by AH2525 »

Grilled peanut butter, bacon and banana for dinner.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

AH2525 wrote:Grilled peanut butter, bacon and banana for dinner.
Dang that sounds really good.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

AH2525 wrote:Grilled peanut butter, bacon and banana for dinner.
Sounds like a funky combo, never tried but strangely it sounds attractive... :D