I'm back online!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vampyrewolf

I'm back online!

Post by vampyrewolf »

So 11hrs on the road to get here, $400 worth of gas in the two trucks and supper for the moving crew.

I'm 1/2 unpacked (still don't have my server rack cabled in, my books and dvd's out, or my surfing tower online yet... right now found a decent open network to use for a couple days until I get all set up and going. Should be getting all my work equipment set up and going tomorrow, so this laptop can sit here with a monitor hooked up for now.

I'm about to go for a tour and check out what looks like my 2 main streets for finding everything I need, but figured I might as well pop my head in here and say I'm still alive. Barely had time to think yesterday, and I have about an hour of paperwork to do today still (for the boss tomorrow morning).

By the sounds of it, I'm pretty much just making sure the location here follows procedures (and create procedures where there are none), keep the customer happy when/where I can, and keep an eye on the bottom line. So other than having to learn a lot in short order this should be relatively easy for me coming from the warranty and QA background as far as procedures and documentation.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
wescobts

Post by wescobts »

Glad you made a safe trip, good luck
learning it the hard way... :rolleyes:
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

When were you ever gone?...Doc :p
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

congrats, pat! glad you made it safe and sound! :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Hit a minor glitch in my online status (besides barely having the energy to think after work the last few days as I get fed data for 8hrs straight).... the wifi I found was a poor connection and taking ton long to do anything on it (and the browser on yhe blackberry sucks for forums :p ).

Just back from telus and getting a rocket stick. Now to finally get my office set up and running this weekend.

spent my last few days before leaving between packing and visiting with folks. All day sunday on the road, got in 10pm sunday, classes all day tuesday, and getting fed info all day for the last 3 days. I'm on my own come monday, and so now I'm running the shop as well as learning about our products AND getting a whole whack of training done in the next month or so.

Unfortunately this job won't allow me to surf the web other than during my lunch, and then only on my personal laptop (another reason I got the rocket stick as compared to a fixed connection at the apartment). So my time on the net as a whole is getting cut down, because if this week is any indication, I'm not really getting home and slowed down till 1930hrs or 2000hrs despite being done work at 1630hrs and only being 40km out.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.