benchmade sibert 755

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
rosconey

benchmade sibert 755

Post by rosconey »

ordered one last night-

has m390 blade steel,ti mono lock and g10-

looks like one real beef master
raven

Post by raven »

I got mine last week ... You're correct it is a little BEAST of a knife ;) . The only issue I have with it, is the clip. Rides way to high in the pocket and is set up only for tip-down carry. Other than that it's an Great Design and BM did a really good job in following Mr. Sibert's original MPR. Always wanted an original, but it's a bit pricey ...settled for the production model. Maybe a custom in the future :p . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

raven wrote:I got mine last week ... You're correct it is a little BEAST of a knife ;) . The only issue I have with it, is the clip. Rides way to high in the pocket and is set up only for tip-down carry. Other than that it's an Great Design and BM did a really good job in following Mr. Sibert's original MPR. Always wanted an original, but it's a bit pricey ...settled for the production model. Maybe a custom in the future :p . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-raven-
i use my smaller knives as a money clip -my tape measure is clipped to my pocket and a knife gets in the way
raven

Post by raven »

This design is actually about the length of a Delica ...about 7" OA. This would definitely get in the way of a tape measure in your pocket. It's also pretty thick.

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
cr123

nice compact knife

Post by cr123 »

i held one at a store. very lightweight and solid lockup. seemed pretty thick. i had trouble opening it though, maybe with practice it would get easier (or the spydie holes got me spoiled). nice looking piece, maybe i'll get one if the price drops.
raven

Post by raven »

Very solid knife ...no doubt ;) . There are a few folks I know that have this model that have issues opening it. I think it's the position of the thumb stud. With a little practice it gets easier. One thing for sure and for some strange reason ...it's much easier to open left handed. Lefties will like this design. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-raven-

markg

Post by markg »

Yea, I got one too.

If you can't cut it with the 755, you can certainly beat it to death with the knife...
Drudge

Post by Drudge »

markg wrote:Yea, I got one too.

If you can't cut it with the 755, you can certainly beat it to death with the knife...
LOL, very funny but oh so true :D
MCM

Post by MCM »

Took this to show the scale color.
Very solid knife. Fit & finish close to a custom.

:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
merthyrmafia

Post by merthyrmafia »

MCM wrote:Took this to show the scale color.
Very solid knife. Fit & finish close to a custom.

One great looking knife.
druid

Post by druid »

fascinating and useful design, however I don't quite trust bench made to do the heat-treated as well, I have heard they tend to set their hardness a little high because it looks good on the spec sheets, also for me I would have to have it professionally repofiled because I do not at all like benchmades edge geometry, this is not true with all other manufacturers mostly just benchmade honestly.
why
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

I sold some stuff off and bought a 755. I'm very happy with the knife, it's a great design. Extremely thickly build, great edge geometry, very sharp.

I occasionally have to clean the blade face because lube seems to be eeking it's way between the blade face and the locking bar, resulting in a little slippage when it builds up.

When the lube's not interfering, the lockup is as good as most customs I've owned.

Overall, outstanding "little" knife!
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

received mine today-
i love the thickness in my hand-you get a great grip on it-
f&f are top notch
angusW

Post by angusW »

I was at a knife store in Etobicoke today and tried out the 755. A very interesting knife. It opens and closes very smooth. I would have to say even better than most Spyderco's. Feels very solid and well put together. The ergo's on it are not for me though and the blade is too short. Plus being a south paw doesn't help in liking this knife. I'm sure it's going to be very popular.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies