New Jester?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RJNC

New Jester?

Post by RJNC »

I've noticed a common trend in different threads on the forums. Many people bring up wanting Spyderco to bring back the Jester. Any chance of a new Jester Spyderco?
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

I havent seen that trend, but I do like the look of the Jester and have bid on a couple seen on ebay. I would be up for one.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

The Jester was my first Spyderco, and I would buy more. I would love to see a sprint in VG-10.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

That would be awesome! I sold my black jester and somewhat regret it, although it did fund my orange ladybug.
Now if they made an orange Jester.... Oh man :D

I followed a couple on ebay about a month ago.... I have reallllyyy been looking for the lime green ones, well 2 sold on ebay (1 pe 1 se) and they sold for $72 and $85!!! (or pretty close in there)

Man I love that lime green :(
Vic
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Yes!
Blue72

Post by Blue72 »

I have been trying to get a jester on ebay for awhile. There are plenty there, but all of them go for crazy money.

I would love to see a sprint run
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Well, I probably have a several lifetimes supply of Burgundy Micarta ones, but a run of them in VG-10 with a different color micarta would be hard to resist. If the micarta was ivory or carmel, it would be totally irresistable.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

It's not very often I post in SF during the last time, but I hear a call for a VG-10 Jester and nothing can stop me. Yes, bring back the Jester please!
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
araneae

Post by araneae »

I have a really beat up SE Jester and like it quite a bit. Would be nice to see it return in a different color FRN or Micarta, or maybe Paperstone.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

I posted in a recent thread how I thought they should do a run of the jesters.

I have enjoyed all the variations of the ladybug (sprints, H1s, and hawkbill) but it would be nice to see them reintroduce the jester in some new colors of frn or micarta. Updating the steel to vg-10 would also be a must.
In omnia paratus
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

The Jester is one of my all-time favorite Spydercos of any size. I've had a micarta Jester on my keychain for years and recently scored a pink FRN one at a reasonable price on eBay for my wife for her keychain. I also have a SS one (maybe my equivalent of the Deacon's "lifetime supply" :) But there's always room for an updated one...
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

I'd buy one in any color if it wasnt 50 + dollars like they go on the bay for
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
Hector Castro

Post by Hector Castro »

What was the retail on these, back in the day?
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

cant imagine it was any more than the ladybug, $25-30?
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I would love to buy micarta (or bone) Jester in VG10, burgundy, ivory, deep blue, deep green, orange. One of each.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

I love jester, even my nick is made from my favorite knvies (actually two of them)... Well I was in one shop yesterday and there it was - green jester PE for 900 crounds (circa 40 bucks) - I´m broke :D but thinking about getting it, what do you think? Should I take it? :p
“There's no friends like the old friends.” James Joyce, Dubliners
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Hector Castro wrote:What was the retail on these, back in the day?
In their final year of production, MSRP was $32 for the FRN and $50 for rhe SS version. Can't find a MSRP for the micarta version. Do recall they were relatively easy to find for under $50 back when I started hunting them. Can't be sure, but I'd imagine a micarta Jester Sprint would run about the same as the Baby Goddard Sprint.
Paul
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Buy it p.jester!
HistoricalMan

Post by HistoricalMan »

Yes! I would buy several.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Should have also said I'd expect MSRP for an FRN or SS Jester Sprint to be about the same, or a few dollars more, than the current FRN and SS Ladybug III, respectively.
Paul