Caly3 Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
captnvegtble

Caly3 Question

Post by captnvegtble »

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum and in the market for a new knife. I've owned a Spyderco for years and still use my 1st Gen Delica all the time. One of the best knives I've ever had and I haven't needed a new one. But now I'm in the market for new knife and am looking at the Caly3. I have 2 Questions:

1. Did I read on the forum somewhere that the Caly3 was being discontinued?

2. Where are people buying their knives from? I am staying away from e-bay because of the concern for rip-off's and cheap imitations, but there are a number of other on-line knife retailers which advertise discount knives (i.e. "The Spyderco Store"). Are these reliable places? I'm just looking to save some money and get another high-quality knife.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

I heard the G10 handle Caly3 is going to be discontinued and rumored that the CF Caly3 ZDp might be too ???? dont know forsure about the CF

I usaully use Knifecenter for my new Spyderco purchases

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store ... rq%3Dsp113
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

There is some uncertainty about status of both models. It's a great knife, although the Sage series is very similar and currently offers two alternatives (more to come). Cutlery Shoppe is blowing out both Caly3 models right now: http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/index.asp
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

We know the Caly 3 SE has been discontinued, but I havent heard anything official about the CF or G10 PE. I can sorta see how the CF/ZDP might be discontinued since its primarily a relativley low demand aficionado knife, (no disrespect intended), but teh PE G10 Caly 3 is such a classic, workhorse model that I find that hard to believe. Either way, if you like it, you should get it - truly made to fit your hand. I got the SE when discontinued and am thinking about the CF now...
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

The Caly 3 is one of Spyderco's best creations IMHO. Get one or two if you can :p

As mentioned the Caly 3 SE is disco'd. There seems to be heavy discounting on the CF Caly 3, not sure about the G10 Caly 3 though. The G10/VG10 version is in my EDC rotation and I think one of the best folders around.
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Spyderco has made no such announcement. If a low price at one online dealer is an indication of discontinuation, then I suppose so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Eighth of Eight

Post by Eighth of Eight »

captnvegtble wrote:Hey all,

I'm new to the forum and in the market for a new knife. I've owned a Spyderco for years and still use my 1st Gen Delica all the time. One of the best knives I've ever had and I haven't needed a new one. But now I'm in the market for new knife and am looking at the Caly3. I have 2 Questions:

1. Did I read on the forum somewhere that the Caly3 was being discontinued?

2. Where are people buying their knives from? I am staying away from e-bay because of the concern for rip-off's and cheap imitations, but there are a number of other on-line knife retailers which advertise discount knives (i.e. "The Spyderco Store"). Are these reliable places? I'm just looking to save some money and get another high-quality knife.
Welcome to the Spyderco forum. :)

I you don't want to use Ebay, I have heard really good things about Cutlery Shoppe. Never done business with them myself though.
:spyder::D:D:spyder:
D'fly PE - D'fly SE - S.P.O.T. PE - '09 Swick - Caly 3 SE - Native DLC SE - Manix 2 SE - Tasman Salt SE - Saver Salt SE - Dodo SE - MT05P - Centofonte 3 - Yin/Yang - Baby Goddard - MT06P -
Swick 2 - '09 Meercat - Superhawk - C101GPBL2 Blue Manix 2
:spyder::D:D:spyder: