Thank you is not enough!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
AH2525

Thank you is not enough!

Post by AH2525 »

I know many of you very kindly responded to my recent post about having to sell off my Spydercos and only keeping the 1 battered Delica my wife gave me.

Well, I have to share what was on my doorstep yesterday. When I got home there was a box from Golden, CO and inside was an Almite Co-Pilot just like the one I had sold (that was a gift from my parents). The difference was that this new gift had BELIEVE lasered on the blade. This was a gift from TazKristi and included a wonderful note of encouragement. I knew she was up to something when she asked for my address recently. I have sent her a thank you personally, but I felt like this was such an amazing act of generosity and encouragement that I had to share it here.

I want to publicly thank Kristi and Spyderco. This gift is a wonderful reminder to always have hope and a wonderful lift both for me and my family in a rough spot. We are truly blesed and the friends we meet here are one of those blessings.

Some people may think it silly to gush over a knife manufacturer like this, but Spyderco and its people have gone above and beyond just being a good company. Let me say also to Sal, Kristi and everyone at Spyderco that you are awesome people and words are not nearly enough to express my gratitude. You all truly live out your motto of integrity. I will never forget this act of kindness. Thank you.

Tom
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

Wow! Kristi and all the rest of you at Spyderco are amazing. I can't think of any other company that would do something like that.

Kudo's spydero.

Leading the way with deeds
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
gldfshkpr

Post by gldfshkpr »

Very cool indeed. Use it in good health.
kb

Stretch
Para Military
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
thehunt

Post by thehunt »

My hat is off to the fine folks at Spyderco!

This is, why I keep buying your blades, besides the fact they are the best tools i can think of.

In these times its good to see, some people still stand for what its right...

@Tom:
My best whishes are with you!

Marc
Si vis pacem parabellum
STR

Post by STR »

Top notch all the way. Thats the crew in Golden from top to bottom.

Great to read these kind of support threads.

Way to go Taz!

STR
It is not necessary to do extraordinary things in life but only to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.

STR's Blog
Phalanx7.62

Post by Phalanx7.62 »

Awesome! Way to go Kristi and Spyderco. This is why they make superior products. They care about their customers this much and it shows they care about their products too.

Pure class.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Very nice of you Taz :)

Congrats on a great knife and a memory to cherish.

Sverre
JustAnEDC'er

Post by JustAnEDC'er »

I've been tempted to say this quite a few times now but have faltered, because I am a relative newbie here and that I, as of now, only have a Native, thinking that my opinion wouldn't mean much. But in the time that I have had my native, I have realized that I enjoy carrying a knife for EDC purposes. Therefore I will soon be buying a step up from my native. This puts me at a pivotal point in the knife buying process; I have only seen a small taste of spyderco and have yet to see anything from other manufacturers like Benchmade, CKRT, or SOG, having already owned a gerber and a kershaw. I will not, however, be purchasing any of these other brands because after reading this forum for the past few months, I can say with absolute certainty that no other knife company, and likely very few companys at all these days, is operated and run like spyderco. Like I said before, I have had the urge to post something like this multiple times before - from the way you honor your warranty policy with true integrity, to the extent with which you involve your customers in the knife-making process, to the way that spyderco is identifiable to all who know this forum as a friendly entity with which you really look FORWARD to buying a product from. Maybe this is why, when I was looking at a Mini-Grip to EDC or a SOG Flash, those kinds of knives just didnt hold the same appeal.

Well i hope I'm not threadjacking at this point, just wanted to say good luck to AH2525, and that I think the way everyone at Spyderco is running the company is doing a bang up job - you are truly the epitome of what a fair, honest, and successful company should be. I'm going to college soon and will be enrolling in a business program - I can honestly say that if I have the opportunity to start my own business, Spyderco is the model on which i'll base my moral business foundation.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Way to go Taz! you guys are great! :D
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
J.B

Post by J.B »

The knife has a material value and a higher sentimental value, but the engraving is more worth than it all. Awesome gesture!
Tom, keep the faith!

Best wishes
JB
We need locking :spyder: folders, at least a D4, with very small :spyder:holes (no one-hand function, only trademark) for legal carry in Germany!

If I could only keep one of all my knives, it probably would be a D4.

Ever tried, ever failed, no matter.
Try again, fail again, fail better.
(Samuel Beckett)
JD Spydo

Quality people

Post by JD Spydo »

Not only are Spyderco knives the best production knives on the entire planet: The owners, employees and their associates are the best quality business people I've ever encountered. And the cordial attitude flows over to people here on the Spyderco.com Forum as well.

As most of the long term Forum members know I had to break away from the Forum for a while to attend to some personal issues in my life for a while and thus did not participate on the Forum for a few months. I was just downright blown away at the warm "welcome back" I got when I came back last week. And I truly do believe that is for sure a true reflection of the company themselves.

Also I've never encountered a customer service group as cordial and as quality minded and conscientious as I have with the good folks from Spyderco. So brother I can certainly agree with you when you say that "Thank You" is not enough. Because that is the best way I can describe it as well. JD :spyder: O
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Congrats and enjoy :cool:

Way to go Kristi :cool:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

great job!
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Man. Words just can't... Ya know?

I'm proud to carry a Spydie (or two:rolleyes :) , that's for sure. I was before, but they continually impress!

Way to go, guys!

Ken
玉鋼
TVOSK

Post by TVOSK »

Thats AWESOME...and I hope the future is bright for you...
Courage is rightly esteemed to first of human qualities... because it is the quality that guarantees all others. -Winston Churchill
Tank

Post by Tank »

Kristi,,,,,,,you are awesome. Just another fine example of why the whole of spyderco is so great, The blades, the company,ALL the employees and all of you here. Just amazing... Take the engraving to heart Tom, and believe things will get better.

Enjoy your new knife.
-John
ront

Post by ront »

Most excellent!! I hope that things are going better for you now Tom. This is just another reason why Spyderco will always be the knife in my pocket!!

Ron
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

As we say here in Oz.... Onya Spyderco !

Well done Kristi, Sal and Spyderco. Great gesture for someone who is obviously in need of some encouragement. Just another one of the reasons why my choice of bladeware is firmly rooted win Spyderco's camp :)
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

That is awesome! I'm very happy for you.

The folks at Spyderco kick serious booty. They really are unlike any other company around.

Enjoy that bad boy. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Henry1960

Post by Henry1960 »

Spyderco, Sal, And all employes And further more Supporters of Spyerco People, A+++++++++++++++++ :D
Henry

My Wife Say`s I Buy One More Spydie She`s Going To Divorce Me....God I`m Going To Miss Her!!! :rolleyes: