Mule Team Issues - READ ME PLEASE

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
HaroldB

Some NO numbers?

Post by HaroldB »

Nice pices of YOUR Mule. I noticed yours is numbered, but "just arrived" Mule is number-less. What's up with that??? :confused:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=6848431
rescueseven

Post by rescueseven »

HaroldB,
That is a collectors club number. You can read at length about the CC here-
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ctors+club

Ian

edit-
BTW welcome to the fray
"Don't tempt me, I'll do a sprint run of it!" -Eric
"We've been working on this design for 10 years, unsuccessfully." -Sal
WTC #1398 Bless their souls
HaroldB

Post by HaroldB »

Thanks Ian.

I'll have to see about a local Dealer :)
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

My credit card still doesn't reflect a refund of the extra shipping charge. :confused:
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

thombrogan wrote:My credit card still doesn't reflect a refund of the extra shipping charge. :confused:
Give them a call I'm sure they will take care of it no time flat.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
mikebandw186

Post by mikebandw186 »

thombrogan wrote:My credit card still doesn't reflect a refund of the extra shipping charge. :confused:
With all the people that ordered, and were charged the incorrect amount, let's say optimistically 300 individual orders, you may have to be patient. Your credit card may not show it immediately. But most likely they are having to refund each amount individually, one at a time, in the order they were received. so you may be number 299 on the list.

But believe me, the folks in the SFO are working double- and triple- time to get this straightened out, and make everything right for all those involved
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." Sal Glesser

Proudly carrying the SpyderEdge!

Chance is a fickle B$%^h and I have no faith in the judgmental abilities of criminals. -KaliGMan
EarthDog

Thanks Lynette and SFO!

Post by EarthDog »

I received my Mule Team order yesterday!

And I want to express a special thanks to Lynette at SFO for making sure that my order got to me. I had called day before yesterday to ask about my order status. Lynette confirmed that it had been shipped and was due to be delivered yesterday. She mentioned the address, and it turned out that it sounded like my street but it wasn't! Lynette got on the phone with UPS right away and was able to correct the address with them. She was very gracious and friendly, and I really get her commitment to customer delight.
EarthDog
VultureParade

Post by VultureParade »

Some of you tried to cheat and get more than 2?

You might want to find a new knife company. I don't think Spyderco's the one for you. Don't worry, there are plenty of other knife companies out there where I'm certain you'll feel right at home.
whitefeather

Post by whitefeather »

Scott Gere wrote:Mike,

I am Scott Gere. I make Mule sheaths. Months back I designed a sheath for the Mule without a handle and one with the handle for sal. I use the boltaron and they will be equiped with the G-clip when available. I've been using the small techlok until the G's come out.

Scott,
PM sent
aero_student

Post by aero_student »

VultureParade wrote:Some of you tried to cheat and get more than 2?

You might want to find a new knife company. I don't think Spyderco's the one for you. Don't worry, there are plenty of other knife companies out there where I'm certain you'll feel right at home.
That's quite a high horse there.
I for one didn't know about the limit, and they let me know when I ordered.
I don't think anyone was "cheating"
VultureParade

Post by VultureParade »

That's quite a high horse there.
I for one didn't know about the limit, and they let me know when I ordered.
I don't think anyone was "cheating"

I'm referring to people who knew about the limit and tried to get around it. And in that regard, I'm quite comfortable on my horse.
Spydieopath

What Customer service?

Post by Spydieopath »

I’m really disappointed with the way this was done. I must have called Spyderco five times to ask when these would be released and all I got was “check the forums… any time now.” I asked if I would get one because of being a collector… No answer. :mad: :mad:
jaislandboy

Trolltide Alert!

Post by jaislandboy »

quit your whining and get a life buddy :rolleyes: :mad:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
Spydieopath

Post by Spydieopath »

jaislandboy wrote:quit your whining and get a life buddy :rolleyes: :mad:
I have a life and it is a good one. :D
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

I owe you another apology Spydieopath.... too much Redbull and not enough sleep... :o :o
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
A-Knife

Post by A-Knife »

Scott Gere wrote:Mike,

I am Scott Gere. I make Mule sheaths. Months back I designed a sheath for the Mule without a handle and one with the handle for sal. I use the boltaron and they will be equiped with the G-clip when available. I've been using the small techlok until the G's come out.

Scott,
Dear Scott,

Do you have some pictures of these sheaths?

André
rescueseven

Post by rescueseven »

Spydieopath wrote:I’m really disappointed with the way this was done. :mad: :mad:
sal wrote: (snip)
We'll need to improve the way they go out. Too much stress and error on this first release. If we do a "pre sign up", we'll have to do a deposit thing, combined with record keeping really adds more processing costs. :confused:
(snip)

sal
The boss agrees.
Enough said.
"Don't tempt me, I'll do a sprint run of it!" -Eric
"We've been working on this design for 10 years, unsuccessfully." -Sal
WTC #1398 Bless their souls
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

Spydieopath wrote:I’m really disappointed with the way this was done. I must have called Spyderco five times to ask when these would be released and all I got was “check the forums… any time now.” I asked if I would get one because of being a collector… No answer. :mad: :mad:
Tazkristi stated in one of the other threads that collectors would get the first model through their normal vendor. So, yes, you'll get at least the 52100 model. I got an e-mail from my vendor already.

In that same post, Tazkristi also said that for this program only the collector numbers would come through SFO. We'll have to do a contract like for the Kopa program.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
Unsub

Post by Unsub »

It seems really simple to just pre pay when we know what steel it will be.

The people wo tried to cheat should not get first dibs on the extra Mules.

I have tested mine cutting leather and same(stingray) for my Mule's wrap and it cuts much better than the very similar Strider ED in S30V but needs a little work on the edge to keep it cutting well. It did start to show some stains though after cutting pork but nothing that would affect performance.
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

Spydieopath wrote:I’m really disappointed with the way this was done. I must have called Spyderco five times to ask when these would be released and all I got was “check the forums… any time now.” I asked if I would get one because of being a collector… No answer. :mad: :mad:
They were on the forum for 3-5 days. I'm sorry you missed out, but don't blame customer service. They do a good job and minor hiccups like this happen once in a while. Plus you already have one and others might not even get a chance for one.

Get the next one
aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE