Mule Team Issues - READ ME PLEASE

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TazKristi

Mule Team Issues - READ ME PLEASE

Post by TazKristi »

We know we had a few issues with the initial release of the Mule Team. Thanks for your patience. We'll be adding inventory to the site as needed (keep in mind, SFO staff does go home at night ;) ).

We apologize to those who had an incorrect shipping charge added to their order. There was a glitch in the code. It's been fixed and anyone who was erroneously charged freight will receive a credit.

Now for some issues that are not on our side...

There are some folks who have ignored the limit of 2. We've written basic code to enforce the limit in the shopping cart, but I would rather NOT have to ask our Webmaster to write code to block every possibility around the basic system. We've got many other priorities for the site that we'd prefer he focus on.

The original rule was a limit of 2 per person per address. IF Sales permit, we may open that limit, but only once sales of MT01P have indicated that everyone who wants to participate has been able to do so.

For anyone who placed multiple orders to get around the 2 piece limit, your second order will be held. It will not be shipped and you will not be charged. Once we can review them all we'll determine if the "multiples" will be canceled.

For anyone who ordered and then had a spouse order, the limit applies to your household. So again, the second order will be held.

We had hoped that the limit would be adhered to on the honor system. We hope we don't need to impose any more restrictions to the site to maintain the integrity of the project.

For everyone who has already ordered and followed the 2 piece limit, Thank You!

Thanks for your cooperation.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
sal

Post by sal »

I too must chime in. We really had no idea that there would be so much immediate interest in the project. It seems that more than just "steel junky's" are getting involved. There should be enough to go around. If not, we'll figure out how to deal with it.

This is new territory for all of us as it is a new concept. I'm sure we'll improve on the next one.

sal
Slick

Post by Slick »

I just ordered one and I am so happy I could ****.

Thank you.
Not really all that slick ;)
Slick

Post by Slick »

Would it be possible to post the "names" of the scaliwags who tried to over order? These individuals could not have been ordering mules in accordance to Sal's stated policy of making them available. There are those who might be ordering extras as gifts so maybe I am being harsh here.

In any case I would appreciate knowing who here cheats (with numbers) on a good person doing a good thing for us and the company.
Not really all that slick ;)
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Thank you Sal & Kristi (and everyone else helping and making these knives). I haven't ordered one yet (but I will) and I'm glad to see you trying to enforce the 2 per person limit. We "little guys" appreciate it.

Cheers :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Slick wrote:Would it be possible to post the "names" of the scaliwags who tried to over order? These individuals could not have been ordering mules in accordance to Sal's stated policy of making them available. There are those who might be ordering extras as gifts so maybe I am being harsh here.

In any case I would appreciate knowing who here cheats (with numbers) on a good person doing a good thing for us and the company.
Shiny footprints Slick. :)

Besides as stated by Taz, there may not be enough demand so those who ordered more may get them. Time will tell it is all new.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Slick,

As far as I know Sal and crew by now, I'd think that there's not a single chance to get that list. No squealing here.

Besides, there's no connection between the Forum name and the SFO account, AFAIK. They don't even have to be part of the forum community.

After the initial hype is over and the dust has settled, I'm sure we will find out that anybody who wanted a Mule will have gotten one (at least!).

So, thanks again Sal and crew for this great project and see you in Solingen in a few weeks!

Dennis
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

To Sal, Kristi, Lynnette, Jim, and anyone else whose names I dont know at the SFO. Thanks for such a great project. For those of us steel junkies, I cant tell you how excited I am to use my new mule. I have had longboard and bicycle bearings made from 52100 or years and always thought it would make a great knife. Its seems to be great so far, with my total of one day of use. So again thanks for undertaking a project like this for us. I cant wait to see what the next steel will be.

As well I'm sorry that the system is being abused. I would have hoped that this kinda thing wouldnt have happened as I respect many of the folks on this forum and it makes me sad that some of our fellow forumites would not follow the simple limit of 2 knives.

Anyways back to the good stuff. Thanks again so much for all your work. One of these days I would like to take you all for drinks, or coffee, or something... Kudos to the folks at Spyderco...

I think Im going to go cut something with my new Mule... Maybe a sandwich :D

I dont really want to open my refrigerator door. Do you think 52100 could cut threw it :D
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i was wondering about the shipping charge... in fact, thinking i had to pay an extra $8, i ordered one instead of two.

might go back now to order a second... these knives seem too good to pass up... :D
Raqudu

Post by Raqudu »

Thanks for the bonus, Kristi. I didn't realize that the price was to be inclusive of shipping.
Raqudu :D

Freedom is never a gift. It is the "pearl of great price" in anguish won.
[RIGHT]- The Theological Concept of Freedom[/RIGHT]

"Well, it's a nice soft night so I think I'll go and join me comrades and talk a little treason."
[RIGHT]- Michaleen Flynn (Barry Fitzgerald) in "The Quiet Man"[/RIGHT]
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Thanks, Kristi!
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
ragingwolf66

Post by ragingwolf66 »

Doh...I just needed to read before posting. I am going to try and get one of these!!! What an awesome deal.

Ed
GeorgeMaggos

Thanks to all involved

Post by GeorgeMaggos »

Tricod wrote:
To Sal, Kristi, Lynnette, Jim, and anyone else whose names I dont know at the SFO. Thanks for such a great project. For those of us steel junkies,

So again thanks for undertaking a project like this for us. I cant wait to see what the next steel will be.

Thanks again so much for all your work. Kudos to the folks at Spyderco...
I wholeheatedly agree with you Tricod & would like to personally thank everyone involved as well.

I was able to show some of my appreciation by my invlovement in the pizza party some of us here got together on & threw for the folks in Golden but that was only a small token of my appreciation. I wish I could do more.

[CENTER]Thanks for doing what you do for us :) [/CENTER]

~George
[CENTER]
~~~~~~~~~~
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. "[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Even though you can't see Him, GOD has always been there for you <><[/CENTER]
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

Good grief, you people rock.
IPSC

Post by IPSC »

If your going to cheat, at least attempt to use some creativity.

I'm glad there was a mule left for me.

Need some paracord and a sheath now :)
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

IPSC wrote: I'm glad there was a mule left for me.

Need some paracord and a sheath now :)

Me too! I got a bit pissy when I logged on that first night to a sold out icon, butnow am in search of accesories so that I can use mine.

Mike
HaroldB

Post by HaroldB »

Mine's due to arrive later this week. :D

Has anyone posted pics of their new Mule yet ? :confused:
GeorgeMaggos

Welcome

Post by GeorgeMaggos »

HaroldB wrote:Mine's due to arrive later this week. :D

Has anyone posted pics of their new Mule yet ? :confused:
Hey Harold,

welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay here. I posted some pics of my Mule he you go.

GMaggos wrote: [CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]
~George
[CENTER]
~~~~~~~~~~
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. "[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Even though you can't see Him, GOD has always been there for you <><[/CENTER]
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

thanks for the pix George, I'm still waiting on mine :)
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
Scott Gere

Mule Sheath

Post by Scott Gere »

gunmike1 wrote:Me too! I got a bit pissy when I logged on that first night to a sold out icon, butnow am in search of accesories so that I can use mine.

Mike
Mike,

I am Scott Gere. I make Mule sheaths. Months back I designed a sheath for the Mule without a handle and one with the handle for sal. I use the boltaron and they will be equiped with the G-clip when available. I've been using the small techlok until the G's come out.

Scott,