Next Fixed Blade ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manix Guy 2

Next Fixed Blade ?

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Anyone know what fixed blade by Spyderco will be out in the near future ? Will it have a Kydex sheath ? MG2
JD Spydo

JD's fixed blade desires are...

Post by JD Spydo »

I hope that they either bring back a bigger version of the Temperance or a Temperance model with a hunter's gut hook on it.

However I think anything of Ed Schempp's would be great.

On a totally different level in self defense I would be intrigued to see what kind of fixed blade that Laci Szabo and Spyderco could come up with.

I'm still perplexed as to why Spyderco hasn't come up with a fixed blade with a gut hook.

Even if they brought back the Temperance with a Micarta or G-10 handle I think it would be a slam dunk winner and a very welcome addition.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi MG2,

None of those in the pipe-line have a kydex sheath. I believe the "mule team" model will have aftermarket kydex sheaths available.

Scheduled to deliver before the end of the year are the;

Aqua salt - Small fixed blade, 5" H1 blade, FRN handle, FRN sheath, plain or serrated, black or yellow handle.

Caspian Salt - Skeletonized Dive model, 3" H1 combination edge, Perrin finger hole, FRN scale, FRN sheath, sharp tip or blunt tip models.

Rock Salt - Ed Schempp designed, 6.5" utility in H1, FRN scales, FRN Sheath.

Mule Team - small fixed blade, 52100 carbon steel, no scale, no sheath, limited production.

We were planning to have the "Devil Jumpmaster" available before Christmas, but it's running a couple of months behind on tooling. serrated sheepfoot, FRN scales, FRN sheath. We should have knives for them to test, but sheaths will be a month or so behnd.

sal
sal

Post by sal »

JD Spydo wrote:I hope that they either bring back a bigger version of the Temperance or a Temperance model with a hunter's gut hook on it.

However I think anything of Ed Schempp's would be great.

On a totally different level in self defense I would be intrigued to see what kind of fixed blade that Laci Szabo and Spyderco could come up with.

I'm still perplexed as to why Spyderco hasn't come up with a fixed blade with a gut hook.

Even if they brought back the Temperance with a Micarta or G-10 handle I think it would be a slam dunk winner and a very welcome addition.
Hi JD,

Guthooks do not seem to be our market.

a larger FB Temperance with a micarta scale (like the Streat beat) is planned, but not begun.

sal
carrot

Post by carrot »

I would love to have a fixed blade version of the Manix. Ideally it would have the same great handle contours with an S30V blade and G10 or micarta handles. This would seriously be the perfect outdoors blade for me, as I rarely need a bigger knife than the Manix.
Latest :spyder: -- Blurple Para2
JD Spydo

A Micarta Temperance: A huge THUMBS UP for sure

Post by JD Spydo »

sal wrote:Hi JD,

a larger FB Temperance with a micarta scale (like the Streat beat) is planned, but not begun.

sal
Thank you SIR!!!! That made my day. I hope you will be offering it in SE & PE both. If so put me down for 2 of each. Talk about a dream coming true :cool: . I hope it will have either VG-10 or one of the great Crucible blade steels.

OK Sir I'll mark it down and be looking forward to it with high anticipation.

But do at least consider something that Laci Szabo could cook up in the fixed blade arena.

What a great day this is :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
huugh

Post by huugh »

sal
Hi Sal,

I was considering buying some FB recently, but couldn't find any that would fit me :o :(
Either too thick, too short, without a good sheath or too expensive (or everything of above :) ).

Probably the best what I could find was :spyder: Woodlander but I'd rather have no recurve and carbon steel (and lower price tag wouldn't hurt :) ).

So your info on "New temperance" that sounds promising. Do you have an idea on the blade length? Also I guess, because of Micarta scales, it will be full tang, right?
Is there a chance it will be made of carbon steel or is it going to be stainless?

Thanks.
sal

Post by sal »

huugh wrote:Hi Sal,

I was considering buying some FB recently, but couldn't find any that would fit me :o :(
Either too thick, too short, without a good sheath or too expensive (or everything of above :) ).

Probably the best what I could find was :spyder: Woodlander but I'd rather have no recurve and carbon steel (and lower price tag wouldn't hurt :) ).

So your info on "New temperance" that sounds promising. Do you have an idea on the blade length? Also I guess, because of Micarta scales, it will be full tang, right?
Is there a chance it will be made of carbon steel or is it going to be stainless?

Thanks.
6 - 6.5", skeletonized full tang. Kydex (Boltaron) sheath. Probably Full flat VG-10, probably expensive :o

sal
Manix Guy 2

Wow !

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Very impressive line up Sal ! WOW ! The Temperance coming back , can not say enough thank yous ! Regards MG2
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

The new Temperance has my attention! :)
Civilians, Dodo, Guntings, Mili, P'kal, Rescues, Ronins, Temperance, others...

Have Colt, will travel.
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

Honestly, I'd like to see a more tactical folder from Spyderco. Something that would go well with the military folder line, a toughy. The green handles and shiny recurve blade don't really do it for me....

I know it will be quite difficult to come up with an original design in a tactical fixed blade. A more classic design yet something still very unique to Spyderco is important. Spyderco has always been unique in coming up with original design, that's what makes them special.

I'd like to see an economic fixed blade that will become a Spyderco classic as the Delica and Endura have done as folder's for Spyderco. Then from there, move on with the same idea into Golden, Colorado. What I mean by classic is, not something like a tactical fixed blade ronin, or a fixed karambit, just a good solid knife that our boys overseas can depend on working in extreme conditions.

If your still here, Sal, I'd love to hear your ~e-pinion~.

I feel like I'm talking to God, haha! "God, if your still here listening to me," LOL :D
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

sal

This is good enough for me :cool:
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I would very much like to know what the specs of the Devil Jumpmaster are.

Is it about the same size as a prototype blue handled(IIRC :confused: :o ) serrated sheepfoot blade I saw at the 2006 A'dam show?
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

I'm really looking forward to the Aqua Salts - H1 and FRN sheath sounds great. I think these will be great utility knives, and mine will probably be used in the kitchen as well.

The Rock Salt also sounds very nice. Is that the one that was pictured in the 'Amsterdam' thread as a prototype? I'm hoping this one is affordable b/c it sounds really cool.
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Nice news! I look forward to a Temperence in any shape, size and design....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*