CO Murdered

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jimd

CO Murdered

Post by Jimd »

This did not happen where I work, but my heart goes out to all involved. We are all brothers.

Rest in peace, Officer Canfield, we have your watch.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5159811.html
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Jim,

You really bring this stuff forward and it makes me respect what you guys all do much more. I never knew so many good men died in prison (that were not inmates).

I'm always real sorry to hear about that stuff Jim. I'll pray for the family tonight when I do my nightly prayers.

God Bless!
-D
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Dave, thanks.
I can honestly say that some of the people I work with are among the best I've ever known in my life. Unfortunately, they're the exception, but I'm still priveledged to know them and work with them.

Several times, when I've been in serious peril, they've come to my rescue, literally saving my life. The bond that creates is indescribable.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

Jimd wrote: Unfortunately, they're the exception, but I'm still priveledged to know them and work with them.
Unfortunately brother, that's the exception everywhere. God knows, most people in the world are assholes. That even applies to the ones we tend to give the benefit of the doubt to: my cops, the marines, Mick's Rangers, and preachers too. There's no shortage of no-loads, regardless of title. :(

But the cream always rises to the top, and the good guys make their bones. And sometimes, they make the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you for remembering.

RIP Office Canfield.
KaliGman

Rest Easy Officer

Post by KaliGman »

I am always saddened by the death of a LEO or a soldier, but am always heartened that there are still those who choose to serve and will do so in the future.

Best wishes to her family, friends and coworkers.
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

I too can attest to the bond that you have with fellow CO's, it just seems so much different than even other areas of law enforcement. I left corrections in 2001, but some of the guys that I worked with are still close to me. I want to say R.I.P. CO Canfield and prayers sent to her husband and all of her close and extended family.
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

Rest in Peace. The shame of it all is that a breach of security protocol by one of her fellow guards set all of this in motion. The deceased officer was not the one who messed up. Her horse also had to be euthanized.
Civilians, Dodo, Guntings, Mili, P'kal, Rescues, Ronins, Temperance, others...

Have Colt, will travel.
2edgesword

Post by 2edgesword »

Heartbreaking. I hope her husband won't drive himself crazy forever questioning her decision to take on this job. I also hope the process of giving these guys the justice they deserve is speedy.
Certified Instructor - Martial Blade Concepts

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men, and if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it possible an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin