Macro pictures of a baby bumble bee.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Fred Sanford

Macro pictures of a baby bumble bee.

Post by Fred Sanford »

This morning I was outside and I saw a little bee on my daughter's Little Tikes car. I took some macro pictures of it. I thought you might enjoy. It stayed there long enough for me to get pictures and then it flew away.

The bee was about 1/2" long in total size. I believe it was a baby of the larger bumble bees that are kind of chubby and round and about 1" long or larger.

Anyway, you can see all the pollen on the legs and hair etc.

Enjoy...

"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
para-force

Post by para-force »

great pics!
you must have a great camera
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Very nice photography, good thing it stood still for you! :D

Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

para-force wrote:great pics!
you must have a great camera
Thanks. :)

The camera is very nice but it wasn't expensive. It's a Nikon Coolpix 4100. I think we paid about $200 for it about 2 years ago. It's a 4 Megapixel camera.
ExSpAgtStarling wrote:Very nice photography, good thing it stood still for you! :D

Starling

Thanks. :) I really like bees and don't mind being stung, even though I don't want it to happen.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

excellent! i cannot get that kind of resolution with my 6 MP camera...
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

Harry White wrote:i cannot get that kind of resolution with my 6 MP camera...
A 6 MP camera should be capable of higher resolution photos then a 4 MP camera.
Carson
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I also import everything into Photoshop, and it gets the images all fully uncompressed. I still use Photoshop 6.0. After 6.0 something changed and it doesn't uncompress images. What I'm saying is that the images seem to be a different size on the card.

For example, the images on the SD Card were 1.59MB each. I bring them into photoshop and they say they are like 6 or 8 MB in size. I then save them out of Photoshop (unmodified) and they are 2.2MB in size. I noticed when I went to Photoshop 7.0 that it gave me worse picture quality when saving pictures and the size never increased when importing them. So something is going on with compression in 6.0 that 7.0 must not have. I didn't like any version past 6.0 so I stuck with 6.0 and I will not go back.

I bet dedguy knows what I'm talking about. ;)

One more thing to add. The camera lens was about 1 inch away from the bee when I took these pictures. I was kneeling right beside the Little Tikes car taking these pictures.
Stenny

Post by Stenny »

Where is a mug shot??? :D
...but no, no, you know it all, it's harmless little bunny...
ront

Post by ront »

Very nice picture David. I have a new to me Canon S3. That Super Macro is amazing :) .

Ron