Forum Model Idea From ME! Kraziekurtis!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kraziekurtis

Forum Model Idea From ME! Kraziekurtis!!

Post by kraziekurtis »

I say the World Knife since it has the American flag on it and it should say Spyderco Forums 9/11/01

!!! I think that would be cool !!!
kraziekurtis

Post by kraziekurtis »

"Well, there have certainly been qhite a few suggestions. And very fine suggestions that would make beautiful knives. Unfortunately we're only talking about 200 - 300 knives for forumites and 200 available to collectors....500 total.

Anything that requires special tooling is not practical. I am not opposed to making a special knife for the forumites, but I'm not going to be able to convince accounting that we should lose money on the project.

No new tooling means that all we can really do is change the color of an existing model and engrave something on the blade. inlays become a problem. Special colors in G10 become a problem in that large volumes of material must be purchased.

We can do neat stuff if we make 1200 to 2000 pieces, but the forum won't support that kind of volume.

If we really want to pull this off, might I suggest the following; A model like the Vesuvius, (made in Golden) silver bug model.
Pick an odd color. We'll make 500, 200 for our collectors and 300 will be engraved for the forumites. Something like "Spyderco forum model 2002".

If we want too much for too little, it becomes a burden to produce.

Please let me know your thoughts.

sal"

That quote from this topic:
http://www.spyderco.com/forum/topic.asp ... ic_id=2202

Makes my idea perfect, the only thing changed would be an engraving on the blade or maybe on top of the flag!!!
Brian Lavin

Post by Brian Lavin »

I believe the Vesuvius has already been designated the forum knife, we can't rehash this over and over or we'll never get there.

KnifeknutDedicated ELU
kraziekurtis

Post by kraziekurtis »

ahhh okie dokie

I guess I will have to get the Vesuvius I just hope it doesn't cost too much
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I agree Brian lets hurry up and get one produced.It would be great if it could come out at xmas time most of us should have some cash from returned gifts.

Jeff