LAVA arrived today!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JspyEDC

LAVA arrived today!

Post by JspyEDC »

Just opened up SKA box from UPS. LAVA and Green Foliage Endura inside. Pics will be added tonight.
Spyderco Collector #162
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

I take it these are the Collectors Club Lavas?

meaning us peons have to wait?

PS - congratulations!
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Cool news, do post pics if you can!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
Woody

Post by Woody »

I sure hope the Forum ones ship soon :confused: ....... Bring on the picks, please include in hand shots....
Easer to ask for forgiveness than permission…. :p
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

I hate you. :cool:
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

smcfalls13 wrote:I hate you. :cool:
Ditto :cool: :cool:

-Jeff

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

JspyEDC wrote:Just opened up SKA box from UPS. LAVA and Green Foliage Endura inside. Pics will be added tonight.
Aloha JspyEDC,

Wow :confused: ...you got your Collector Lava so soon?!! That's great news!!! Pics please, and Lava thoughts? Hopefully, I will be able to come after my shift in **** so I can chime in...

Mahalo and God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
JspyEDC

PICS this time!!

Post by JspyEDC »

First of all let me say...Aloha...Daywalker, congratulations!! :D Knife of the year, man!! I am a big guy, so I was not really excited about the knife. I thought it was going to be another Nav or SS Dragonfly. In other words, not a big deal for me and not something I would ever carry. I am so glad I was wrong. There will be no disappointment with your creation. I have always been a butt man, and the LAVA has the best ***-end ever on a SS Spyderco. For a guy with big hands, your butt-end design changes everything I have ever thought about a quote....'small' knife. That's what I meant by Knife of the Year...this knife is for everyone. The blade design is great, it feels like a SS Dodo in any cutting position. So, HOME RUN, Touchdown, you've done something here. I'm a dealer so I think from a sales perspective......I didn't pre-order enough of these.

Again, congratulations and I can't wait till all the Forumites get their hands on this one.

Okay, I don't know what the deal is, but all my picks were under 100K and all failed. I have posted a ton of pics...whaaaaazzzzup? --sorry :mad:
Spyderco Collector #162
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

Rock
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

pjrocco wrote:Try going here:

http://www.imageshack.us/
It works like a charm! :)

Congratulations JspyEDC on getting Lava ahead of the pack! It looks like number 162 has been called first.
Hopefully mine is not far away...
WhyNot
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

JspyEDC wrote:...I have always been a butt man, and the LAVA has the best ***-end ever on a SS Spyderco. For a guy with big hands, your butt-end design changes everything I have ever thought about a quote....'small' knife....
....... :D :D
Great news JspyEDC but how about some pics of the Lava next to yer tattoo?
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
JspyEDC

Photo problems

Post by JspyEDC »

Anyone else having probs uploading...? I reduced the size, used imagebucket (thanks for suggestions) but still no luck. Getting the failed notice each time.

Islandboy.... I might reveal my tatoo around Halloween. I'm going as a Spyder Pirate, and wearing my remote release as an earring. I knew that shackle clip would come in handy.
Spyderco Collector #162
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Attachements are not working. They have not been working since before the forum upgrade. I believe one of the hoped for results of the upgrade was that it would make them work again, but it did not. That's why folks have been recommending imageshack, most here use outside hosting now, or host them on their personal sites as I do with mine, and just link to to them.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Arrrghh, your killin' me here, you can e-mail them to me and I think I can get them posted. :D

My e-mail is in your PM. (something about that just doesn't sound right.) :eek:
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

You suck!!!!!! ;)
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

Congrats on getting yours!!!! I am happy for you!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

JspyEDC wrote:First of all let me say...Aloha...Daywalker, congratulations!! :D Knife of the year, man!! I am a big guy, so I was not really excited about the knife. I thought it was going to be another Nav or SS Dragonfly. In other words, not a big deal for me and not something I would ever carry. I am so glad I was wrong. There will be no disappointment with your creation. I have always been a butt man, and the LAVA has the best ***-end ever on a SS Spyderco. For a guy with big hands, your butt-end design changes everything I have ever thought about a quote....'small' knife. That's what I meant by Knife of the Year...this knife is for everyone. The blade design is great, it feels like a SS Dodo in any cutting position. So, HOME RUN, Touchdown, you've done something here. I'm a dealer so I think from a sales perspective......I didn't pre-order enough of these.

Again, congratulations and I can't wait till all the Forumites get their hands on this one.

Okay, I don't know what the deal is, but all my picks were under 100K and all failed. I have posted a ton of pics...whaaaaazzzzup? --sorry :mad:
Aloha JspyEDC,

Man, thanks for the kind words...My friend Dexter Ewing and I joked about the Lava as being the, "J-Lo Spyder"... :rolleyes: :p I am glad that you are happy with it and that it fit your big hands.

As for the pic issue, I can relate...I still gotta use Imageshack for mine here...just not the same.

Anywho, take care and mahalo much!
God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
dialex

Post by dialex »

Congrats on your new fine knife and thanks for the micro review. I am glad to hear that the knife fulfills (and exceeds) the expectations, but this is not such a big surprise considering it's Chad's baby. :) Can't wait to get mine...
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.

Post by 224477 »

I need my Lava, and quickly :cool:

Really cant wait for it! :eek:
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
JspyEDC

Pics will be up Thurs evening

Post by JspyEDC »

A gracious forumite has voluteered to host the pics so we can get them on the forum. I will be emailing them this evening and he should have them up for us tonite. Thanks to all who offered!! :p
Spyderco Collector #162