Delica ZDP 189 on the way

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Andre V

Delica ZDP 189 on the way

Post by Andre V »

Finally, My Zdp is on the way.

I missed the Caly ZDP and have been waiting for this one for ages, when the release of the Delica ZDP was announced on the forum last December i emailed NGK straight away and placed a standing order.

I also said i would take more than one, but NGK being as good and fair as they are said i could only have one because they where trying to fill orders for other customers.

I have read some threads concerning NGK, I would like to state that they are a wonderful bunch with excellent service.There has been some negative comments made about them, particularly with regards to the Delica 4 ZDP waiting list.

In all my dealings with them they have been good and fair to me, and as far as i have read on the forums they have treated eveybody more than fairly.

It was not there fault that this sprint run ran faster than anybody guessed.

They tried to supply thier order list, but i think the stock just wasn't available.

Anyway i have got that off my chest, not everybody will agree with me, but thats what makes this forum interesting.
"So many knives, so little pockets"
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Andre V wrote:I have read some threads concerning NGK, I would like to state that they are a wonderful bunch with excellent service.There has been some negative comments made about them, particularly with regards to the Delica 4 ZDP waiting list.
Anyone complaining about the waiting list for ZDPs is just jealous that they don't have one yet. NGK is the one of the most popular dealers on the internet, and every time a sprint or limited run of any knife from any dealer occurs, everyone runs to NGK to get put on the waiting list.

The way I see it, Mike is doing everyone a favor by even allowing names to be put on a waiting list. He doesn't have to do that, he could just wait til they come in and then sell them first come first serve. To b**** about the waiting list being so long is just childish. If you want something, than wait in line and be patient.

NGK is my first choice, but on limited knives like the ZDP, you've really gotta think ahead, or find another dealer. Up until a week or so ago, several other dealers were taking orders, and all those orders have already shipped, according to other sources.

These people blaming NGK have no one to blame but themselves, the way I see it. If you want the knife, do it the same way dealers do it, order from two or three dealers. That way you ensure that have more of a chance of getting the knife in a timely fashion. It's more work, but it pays off.

I could have had a ZDP Delica in my hand right now, if I wanted one.

Sorry for the rant :o

Andre, congrats on snagging yourself a ZDP, and way to go for thinking ahead, and being patient. It paid off for you. :cool:
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Ted

Post by Ted »

Where is all that complaining at NGK? I can't find it?

Someone started a post about it in my 'zdp delica' thread but since there was no quote, or complaint about NGK in that thread before that post (maybe it was edited out), I opted to delete the thread since I didn't like where the thread was going.

Andre V - good you found one. I found one as well from a seller on BB after a tip from some forum friends. I might still get lucky from NGK - I was about #30 on the list, there first shipment was 15 IIRC and most dealers are expecting another shipment. And then I ordered one also at the KnifeCenter who are also expecting a second shipment...who knows, I might end up with three after all... :D ;) :p
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

Good news Andre V :D

I think it's save to assume you will have the first ZDP Delica in South Africa.
Enjoy :)
Smith and Wesson : The Original Point-and-Click Device
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

Ted wrote:Where is all that complaining at NGK? I can't find it?
It was on the site for a while, but they were getting too many people that "didn't see" where it said OUT OF STOCK. Had to take it down.

-Jeff

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
Andre V

Post by Andre V »

Oracle.

Welcome to the forums. Nice to heard from a fellow countryman.
"So many knives, so little pockets"
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Nice find. Love that blue handle! :) :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
speyederlover

Post by speyederlover »

Mine is being sent out today. NGK emailed me this AM and said they had one for me. Can't wait. I also order the standard delica 4 FRN PE so I can give my new ZDP delica some black handles.
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

NGK has been great with me and my orders!! I will continue to be a customer!! Congrats on ordering a ZDP Delica!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

I'm on the waiting list for NGK but I'm pretty far down. They let me know it and even emailed me that they probably wouldn't be able to ship me one. I appreciate this and also that they don't take money for things that they don't have. All my dealings with them have been great.
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
Glock27

Post by Glock27 »

Ted wrote:Where is all that complaining at NGK? I can't find it?
I started this after talking to Mary Beth at NGK. I asked to be put on a "list" for a ZDP Endura.
I have seen nothing derogatory towards NGK here, but was relaying information directly from them.
G27
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers

Post by 224477 »

smcfalls13 wrote:....If you want something, than wait in line and be patient.....
Scott, that just aint you! :eek:

How about Blade Tech sheaths, do you remember that patient guy? :p ;)

(Sorry couldnt resist...)
:D
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
BlackNinja

Post by BlackNinja »

Good for you, Andre! :D Enjoy it.

I just can't bring myself to use mine. :o
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Congratulations,
Enjoy it
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Congrat on the ZDP Delica, Andre! I sure you're gonna love it :)