Update

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
CKE

Update

Post by CKE »

Hey folks :)

Thougth I would touch base and let everyone know I am alive and well. Have 3 Dr's appointments tomorrow so will be very busy. Nice I don't need a nap in the afternoon any more. Doesn't break up the day so much. I start Radiation mid November and will possibly have two small doses of Chemo just to help my bodies reaction to the Chemo. In my case the Chemo is the easy part. Unfortunately the Radiation is on my neck and face. First two weeks should be no problems, but then my mouth and throat will dry out and get really sore(like you get with a bad cold) in the following two weeks. The month after will get better everyday but still sore. So it should be Christmas time by the time I am finished the treatments and into January by the time I am my old self again. If any of you have info on radiation and feel like sharing I would greatly appreciate it. I know Chemo is a very individual thing and it depends on the drugs used in each case. I might have a stomach tube just in case my throat gets really bad and I can't swallow food easily but have not talked to that doctor yet. Well hope you are all having a great weekend and Happy Halloween :) Take Care and again thanks for all the support :) :) :)
Craig
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

CKE,

Positive attitude!!!! Kick kiester on your cancer, Craig! We've got your six! God Bless you!
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
dialex

Post by dialex »

Good luck, Craig. You are a winner already.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Thanks for the update. You remain in my family's prayers. :)
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

You can do it; you will do it - we're here to support you and cheer you on to victory.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Take care Craig.. ;) :cool: ;)

Sam
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Craig, every time I pray, I include you in my prayers, that you become healthy and that all the cancer has left your body. God bless you, my friend, and you will be well soon enough!
Oh, and buy lots of knives! :)
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Craig!

Brother, you have beaten this cancer...just look at your attitude towards it!
Now you're "going through the motions" and you'll do fine...keep the Faith bro, and God bless you and yours!

Day by day okay? Take care! :)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I do have some info on it but you may not want to hear it.
My great aunt had throght cancer about 20 years ago.The radiation done something to her taste buds so she could not taste anything.Never got it back.One positive note about this is that it made it very easy for her to eat very healthy.She could not taste food so she did not really care if she ate.She drank insure and ate the types of food that is very good for you that most people don't eat alot of because they do not like it.
Please understand that this was 20 or more years ago(really more like 30 years,late 70s IIRC) and I am sure that the treatments have come light years forward sence then
This is the aunt that passed away a few months ago at almost 93 years of age.Her doctor said that her eating probably added 10 to 20 years to her life.
She may have still been alive now except for some people that she had come into her home to help take care of her or should I say take her.I can't really go into what all happened because the way I type it would take the rest of the day to tell the whole story on that deal plus with out the evidence it is only heresay.
BTW looks like you have it beat.With the treatment scedule that they have you on it looks like it is mostly just a precaution.
They gave my mother radiation treatment for hers just to be sure it was all gone and her treatments looked to be about the same.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Ray.Hood

Keep your head up and seatbelt fastened.

Post by Ray.Hood »

CKE, best wishes and I hope that you beat this thing. Anybody who likes knives this much deserves the best in life. Godspeed and take care.