Tuf Cloth and Tuf Glide use

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
wotanson

Tuf Cloth and Tuf Glide use

Post by wotanson »

Hey all,

Got a question, will aTuf Cloth or Tuf Glide do any damage to FRN or G-10 handled Spydercos, or to the washers if applicable?

How Bout Them Red Sox!!!!!!!!

Rob
HOW BOUT THEM RED SOX!!
ODIN, GUIDE MY SWORD TO ETERNAL VICTORY!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha wotanson!

I don't see a need for Tuf Cloth on FRN or G10...but I have used it on some of my G10 "keepers" which I no longer have! LOL! It wasn't affected in the least...My Tuf Cloth Marine grade keeps my Mossberg 590A in top shape!

As for the Tuf-Glide, I don't THINK it'd harm washers, but I still don't trust the stuff on O-rings yet...

Anyways, do you recall the name of that knife shop in CT ya visited?

God bless!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
wotanson

Post by wotanson »

Thanks Daywalker,

I don't actually use it on the scales, but when I use the cloth on the blade some does get on the scales, just concerned with a chemical reaction to the handle material. The Tuf Glide I use on the pivots and moving parts, again just concerned with same. thanks for advice and I sent you a PM.

HOW BOUT THEM SOX

Rob
HOW BOUT THEM RED SOX!!
ODIN, GUIDE MY SWORD TO ETERNAL VICTORY!
JD Spydo

Sentry Solutions

Post by JD Spydo »

I am very impressed with the whole line of knife care products from the folks at Sentry Solutions ( The makers of Tuf Cloth & Tuf Glide). There is another company that has maintenance/care type products for you knife and other essential hardware and that is the Flitz company. I particularly like the Flitz polishing cloth for all my stainless blades and so forth. Their metal polish is number 1 in my book. If any one knows of anything else that could rival either one of these great companies I would appreciate knowing. JD Spydo :)
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Tuf Glide did not do a great job protecting my 440Vs from rust but I have had no problems at all sence I switched to MiliTec-1.
I did do a small test when I had some of the Tuf glide.
I put it on one side of a pair of pliers and Militec-1 on the other side and placed out side.Rust was formimg badly on the Tuf glide side after one day.The militec-1 side went 4 days and through some rain before rust started showing up.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
CKE

Post by CKE »

Jeff, thanks for the test results. Good info to have :) Take Care!!!
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
JD Spydo

Flitz metal Wax

Post by JD Spydo »

J Smith wrote:Tuf Glide did not do a great job protecting my 440Vs from rust but I have had no problems at all sence I switched to MiliTec-1.
I did do a small test when I had some of the Tuf glide.
I put it on one side of a pair of pliers and Militec-1 on the other side and placed out side.Rust was formimg badly on the Tuf glide side after one day.The militec-1 side went 4 days and through some rain before rust started showing up.
Hello there J Smith. That means a lot when you actually put these products through an unbiased test. I have tested the Flitz metal wax with a similar test like you described and had really good results. I will admit however that I did put on a thick amount of it. On problem with the Tuf-Cloth is that it tends to lose the chemical the cloth is treated with pretty quickly. I do really like the Militec products. They sent me a sample of their grease and it is some super stuff. :spyder: :)