Always have Faith....

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
KBR

Always have Faith....

Post by KBR »

For the past year, I have been through many times of trial in my life due to some personal matters. After so many prayers, and above all, having Faith in God, the clouds are finally beginning to clear.....

Last November, my little girl was diagnosed with a rare heart disease that affects 1 in 100,000 children that is called Kawasaki disease. Not too long ago, she was released, by her doctor, to resume normal physical activities because this condition has subsided.

A few months ago, my wife and I had separated due to some marital problems. Slowly, and very delicately, we are seeking to reconcile and being together again.

This year has been a real trying time for me, but throughout it all I have always kept my Faith in God and myself because I believe that for everything that happens in life, there is a reason.

So, I tell all of you out there that although life may throw things at you that could completely destroy you and leave your life in shambles.....have Faith. Even though it may seem like you just can not go on....have Faith. Although your life may be hard and times be very trying, there is a reason for this. I cannot tell you what that reason could be, but believe that there is a reason. God works in mysterious ways....ways that no one on this world will ever understand, or could even begin to comprehend.

Throughout this time, Faith is all that I have held on to and now the clouds are beginning to clear for me. For this, I thank God and all of you that had my family and I in your prayers.

CKE, dialex, and many of you other SpyderKnuts out there that are going through hard times, I will keep all of you in my prayers just as you did for me and mine. I ask that you keep the Faith and God will see to it that, in time, you too will be comforted.

Have Faith and remember, just as my sig says, "Life is like a grindstone, whether it polishes you up or breaks you down depends on what you're made of."

Take care and God Bless
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
dialex

Post by dialex »

You know, this is kinda funny. I was thinking one of those days that during my existence, there were moments when I had to make a decision. I consider(ed) myself a (very) rational human being, the very most of my actions being the result of a thorough analysis. It proved that in most of the cases I made the wrong decision. :( A few years ago, after a... tormenting period in my life, I let God decide for me - meaning that some of my radical decisions I had to take were not based upon thinking but I was just following my heart. Having faith, in other words. And I had some experiences that someone would consider very lucky coincidences. ;) I preffer to believe it's the hand of God though. I'm still that rational being, but on a differrent level.
I wish you good luck with your daughter and your wife. I know how it is to be separated with someone you love. :( As for the children... they are my life, I couldn't stand seing any of them ill) :( I will pray for you and your familly, may God take care of you KBR.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha KBR!

ALL I can say is, AMEN brother!!!

Alexandru The Great: Good thing ya followed your heart, i.e.: Mark 11:23, 24.

God bless you guys! ;)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

All,

When times are trying, there is no greater power to put you back on your feet than the Lord himself.

What is heartening about finding this forum is, even though there are a lot of members who have difficult jobs and lifestyles, as well as pastimes and hobbies that can breed a macho atmosphere, the guys and gals on here can still share their faith and ask for prayers from each other without fear of ridicule.

To those that do not share the same faith, I would also like to thank. They also have the decency and respect to allow all free thinking and responsible views to be expressed here in a safe environment.

When two or more are gathered He is amonst us.............this dosen't necessarily mean in the same room!

Regards,

Simon.
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
RAT 54

Post by RAT 54 »

Well put Simon G. Just what I was thinking.

Its funny, ( & in a strange way sad) I see more support here than I have seen in some church groups.
Ian
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha my :spyder: Brothers!

Yes, very well put Simon G! Also, Ian, it's sad but true...that's cool though, the main thing we each have our OWN personal relationships with God...that's what matters.

Like Simon G, I too, would like to thank those who do not share the same "realtionship" and belief that we do. Mahalo for bearing with us! ;)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
UK KEN

Forumites!

Post by UK KEN »

RAT 54

As far as any religion is concerned......the church is the people! Whatever their religious beliefs, if any, the people here are as a group second to none when it comes to support and friendly advice. :)

Regards Ken
RAT 54

Post by RAT 54 »

Ken IMO you are right in both you comments. The later is one of the reasons I love this place.
Ian
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Life has thrown some nasties my way too. Among other things, back in 1999, my wife and I had to bury a son.

Prayer and God have gotten me through it all. I won't lie, at times, I was very angry at God (especially when our baby died). But even that was a blessing, because it proved my faith in Him. After all, we can't be angry at Something (Someone?) that does not exist.

I hope everything works out well for you. Prayer works.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!