CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I'm waiting on the CF Yo2, and the Worker sprint from KW. But I'm patient. :D
:bug-red-white
Donut

Post by Donut »

Maybe the KW crew won't have to get held hostage for this one to come to life. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Liquid Cobra wrote:This is starting to get painful, the waiting is killing me. I've been self medicating with other Spydies but it's not cutting it.
Not cutting it? Are you losing your edge??? :o ;)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Some sharp comments there JNewell, downright rapier wit! ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

JNewell wrote:Not cutting it? Are you losing your edge??? :o ;)
Yuk yuk yuk. I was wondering if someone was going to jump on that.
JohnAPA

Post by JohnAPA »

Hate to be a dullard, but my optimism has been blunted: And my mail box hates me. Thinking about counseling.
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Every time I see an email from KW I get my hopes up. Any news?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

No but seems like they've ramped up their emails quite a bit as of late, which only makes waiting that much more...fun.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Every time this thread gets bumped its...fun.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Hopefully, this week for the Yojimbo2 S90V/CF! My pre-order was on July 8, 2014.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
JohnAPA

Post by JohnAPA »

I've been having trouble dealing with situation so I went to see a psychologist. He suggested that I buy Manix II XL S90V on E-Bay to help me get through this difficult time. I did. It is awesome. It is very sharp right out of the box and I love the feel of the of the scales. :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JohnAPA wrote:I've been having trouble dealing with situation so I went to see a psychologist. He suggested that I buy Manix II XL S90V on E-Bay to help me get through this difficult time. I did. It is awesome. It is very sharp right out of the box and I love the feel of the of the scales. :)
I certainly love mine :)
Good job! Its one super nice Spydie.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

JohnAPA wrote:I've been having trouble dealing with situation so I went to see a psychologist. He suggested that I buy Manix II XL S90V on E-Bay to help me get through this difficult time. I did. It is awesome. It is very sharp right out of the box and I love the feel of the of the scales. :)
You must have a very sharp psychiatrist. I can definitely see his point. He must have the edge over his competitors to be able to steel your nerves so easily. I got mine about a month ago and have had a feeling of well being ever since.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I like it, it's just bigger than I'd carry so I saved my money for the Yo 2.
~David
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I had already gritted my teeth and passed on the XL the first time it came around, but I couldn't hold out the second time. It's my first carbon fiber from Golden and my only S90V. Since I already have the G-10 Yo2, I chose the XL instead. I can actually carry it anytime I like in my present situation, and I usually carry a smaller knife in case I need to use one around strangers or whatever.

Oh yes, sorry about the dull puns :rolleyes:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It's not really a legality thing for me, it's a pocket space thing. The M2 is already pushing it as far as width goes for me, and the XL isn't really much different but I don't care for how much of it sticks out of your pocket. That plus it's significantly heavier, especially compared to the lightweight.
~David
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I was really talking about not being in a workplace setting where people would be noticing it, more than legality. I've always had a pocket reserved for a knife, since I only started using clips recently, so pocket space is not a problem. And my shirttail covers up the butt of the knife protruding from my pocket. The part sticking out makes it easy to grasp the knife, but at some point I think I'll consider a deep carry clip. But, as you say the weight and size probably keep me from carrying it for long stretches. It just weighs about the same as the original Manix 2, but I don't carry those for days on end either. Still it's a great knife to have and carry from time to time.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I carry mine a lot. Doesn't bother me in the least.
The weight is nice compared to the Vallotton.
But, honesty I really don't notice or mind a couple more ounces here or there.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I put a deep carry clip on my CF M2XL and now it's great. Rivals the Millie for in hand comfort. I didn't really like the "standard" M2 because I felt it was too tall in pocket (the weight of the hollow ground version with solid liners didn't help either) and ended up selling that one. I was really hesitant on the XL because I didn't really like the regular M2. But I too could not resist the second offering of this knife from Knifeworks. And now the XL is my favorite of the Manix clan, and one of my top 2 or 3 overall. I can't say enough great things about the CF XL with deep carry clip!

The clip I choose for it doesn't allow the XL to be carried totally deep. But now it sticks out about as much as a PM2, which is perfect for me.

Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Hmm..Still available for pre-order..