Show your mods!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
DBH

Post by DBH »

Pockets, anodizing is on the future next round of pimping.

EvilD, I understand your thought on the open construction. Good thing with the backspacer that I can take a q-tip and swipe any gunk right out. Grip traction is great when I am at work with gloves on and not bad bare handed too.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

BOOMER52 wrote:Green canvas Micarta Strydica with a layered black/gray G10 cogged back spacer...

Good God man. That is gorgeous. I want that.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Nicely done, David. That makes the RockLobster a much different knife! I, too, wish I had snagged one of these on close out somewhere.

TedP
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

phillipsted wrote:Nicely done, David. That makes the RockLobster a much different knife! I, too, wish I had snagged one of these on close out somewhere.

TedP

Thanks Ted! I haven't stopped carrying it since I finished it. It really has surprised me how much it has won me over. It has proven to be probably the most well rounded knife I own if you can believe that, even more so than my beloved Para/Manix 2. It's mostly because it has a good half inch more blade length so it works so much better for food prep. All I could ask for is a 50/50 choil in there somehow, but it would totally throw off the simple clean lines of it. It's also rekindling my love of VG10..it's a steel that's easy to take for granted with all the super steels coming out left and right, but it really is a near perfect neutral steel.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

"It's also rekindling my love of VG10.."

I continue to be pleased with VG 10. It isn't the hardest compared to many of the new choices, but it continues to chug along, not show damage, sharpen easily & not rust... What's not to like?
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Never cared much for the blue para scales so I swapped them with a camo para. I'm liking this M390/camo variation.

Untitled by senorsquare, on Flickr
einstein2001

Post by einstein2001 »

Flattened the spine a bit on my Endura.
Pointy :D
[table="width: 1100, align: left"]
[tr]
[td][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/td]
[td]Cruwear Military, CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule
Southard, Techno, Sage 2, Gayle Bradley
Super Blue Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Endura and G10 Ladybug
ZDP-189 G10 Dragonfly, ZDP-189 Nishijin Dragonfly
[HR][/HR]:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
-Brandon

[/td]

[/tr]
[/table]
Cereal_killer

Post by Cereal_killer »

Hello folks, it took my since Monday (Thursday night now) but I literally read every single post in this 74+ page thread. There are so many beautiful knives here, it inspired me to do a few mods to several of my knives (I don't have photo hosting ability to share pics :( ) On my purple Delica4 I filed a pattern into the lock bar and stone washed the clip (and since I had it apart I also polished the PB washers (which I was pleasantly surprised to find, I expected nylon) and coated it all in a layer of Super Lube. I also replaced the lock dampener on my Kershaw cryo with a 38SPL shell casing and removed the Ti coating from the blade, before taking those projects on I started with a few things to a coupl'a CRKT's as well, overall a busy day but I feel very satisfied. Keep up the awesome work, this thread gives me so much to aspire towards as I get more and more knives, I know one thing, unless its a major collectors item I will be filing every back lock bar I get, a free mod that looks that awesome, yet another reason I love spyderco!

I have one question, I love the idea of only needing a single tool to disassembel my delica, where are you guys sourcing T9 head screws of the correct size/thread pitch to replace all the T6's in the handle/clip? Is therean Internet seller I should use or just go to my local fastenall? Can anyone tell me the size & thread pitch I need?
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

mirror polish on lockbar and spine.

"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Welcome, Cereal_killer, and keep up the fun. Sorry I can't answer your questions, though. I'm sure someone can.

Cheddarnut - Nice shine. I love how the shiny parts look on the Delicas and Enduras to start with. I have a grey D4 in my pocket right now.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

noseoil wrote:Only trouble with brass & copper would be the soft nature of both & oxidation. They would both look nice at first, but over time would change, dull and shift in color. That may be why there aren't more out there in brass & copper, and also why aluminum & titanium are fairly popular now. Aluminum, while relatively soft, can be anodized for a tougher finish & titanium, well.....
There is a type of copper that blackens instead of greens over time , this would be a good option I'm having something made with it now .
Although from what I've researched it's from very old copper and not sure if the process would violate current health and safety issues .
**** H&S rules :D , I have brass liners on a custom and they are very heavy btw no change yet to the colour a year in iirc maybe off slightly in time ?.
lemonslush

Post by lemonslush »

Howdy, New here. Stumbled upon this forum and though to myself. Why are you not a member? So, here I am. This is on of my Favorite Enduras. Polished clip, blue FRN with Emerson blade.

Holland

Post by Holland »

Great first post! Welcome to the forums
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Welcome, Lemonslush - nice looking knife!
- best wishes, Jazz.
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

Just finished developing the CNC files for the Paramilitary 2... this was one on the grail list to create G-code for. The liner lock over travel pocket and pockets for the nested liners created a challenge for a sufficient surface carving depth for textures and designs...!

I'm waiting on delivery of the longer 2-56 Torx screws needed for the pocket clip. That's why it's absent...

Holland

Post by Holland »

amazing job boomer! very well done sir
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Very nice Boomer!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

So Boomer I've been wondering, what's it like printing your own money? I've always been curious :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

Evil D wrote:So Boomer I've been wondering, what's it like printing your own money? I've always been curious :D

OH man... IF only that were true...! More like minting pennies... but I'm NOT complaining...!!! :p
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

I think I'm going to sell everything I own and buy a CNC mill :) Sooooo pretty.
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5