M390 Blue G-10 Paramilitary 2 will return... in 2014

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Shakyamuni

M390 Blue G-10 Paramilitary 2 will return... in 2014

Post by Shakyamuni »

It was rumored to be true, but it appears to be confirmed based on the website update:
Spyderco Plain Edge M390 Blue G-10 Paramilitary 2 Bento Box Shop Exclusive
Additional inventory is estimated to arrive sometime in 2014 but the month is unknown.
Manbug G-10, Salt I PE, Pacific Salt SE, Caly 3.5, Green Forum Native 5, Green ParaMilitary 2, Centofante 3
darkstar29

Post by darkstar29 »

I'm in. But I'll put different scales on it. Not a big fan of the Smurf-blue. Love the steel, though.
I would carry the one I have now more often if it had earth-toned scales.
I walk away slow tonight,
and cut through the air
with a curse, like a knife.
Paul10

Post by Paul10 »

I saw that too. Makes me laugh when I see them selling for high prices.
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

this is good news
I'll finally be able to get blue scalesssss
Invective

Post by Invective »

Paul10 wrote:I saw that too. Makes me laugh when I see them selling for high prices.
This is pretty much what I was going to say haha. Almost makes me feel bad for the scalpers and flippers. Almost.

Maybe I'll finally pick one up then, funds just haven't been in place lately. Thanks for the heads up btw!
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

Paul10 wrote:I saw that too. Makes me laugh when I see them selling for high prices.
I hope BBS reduces their price now that there will be more blue PM2's around.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

They sell for high prices off the bat and CA customers pay tax, I pay over 200 for directly from BBS.

Hot sprints: How BBS stays in business.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
shaolinbill

Post by shaolinbill »

From your lips to God's ears - OK, Sal's ears.
CaptainTim

Post by CaptainTim »

Agree with darkstar; love the steel but not the blue. Mine would be wearing different scales.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Why commission the same exact exclusive thrice with no variation?

It seems to be a hot seller, but my first run M390 is becoming more vanilla and less special with the number of these coming out. Might as well make them into regular production.
I'd like to see them do one in CPM-M4, like they did with the manix.
nccole

Post by nccole »

Orangeneck wrote:I hope BBS reduces their price now that there will be more blue PM2's around.
Don't count on it. They sold the first batch for $179, then the second for $189. All of their other Spyderco prices are the worst on the internet. Glad I have a green on the way, I will pass on the blue.
Pomelly

Post by Pomelly »

Unfortunatly no international sales.. also in 2014! :(
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I'm glad that they're doing this. It makes a great combo more available to those who want them to use. I do find that more runs does't lessen the "specialness" of mine. It still looks as great to my eyes as when I first got it and additional runs don't make the M390 in mine perform any less.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I'm glad that they're doing this. It makes a great combo more available to those who want them to use. I do find that more runs does't lessen the "specialness" of mine. It still looks as great to my eyes as when I first got it and additional runs don't make the M390 in mine perform any less.
Exactly. I got in on the first run as well and don't find my knife to be any less awesome because of subsequent runs. Of course, Chuck and I are both putting ours to use and didn't buy to resell... :rolleyes:
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

jabba359 wrote:Exactly. I got in on the first run as well and don't find my knife to be any less awesome because of subsequent runs. Of course, Chuck and I are both putting ours to use and didn't buy to resell... :rolleyes:
Great minds and all that..... :D
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

Cutlery shoppe needs to do the same thing with the orange para 2. Both the brown and blue have had additional runs.
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

I wouldn't mind an orange M4 Para or Manix. I'm sure the folks in Golden have nothing better to do. ;)
shaolinbill

Post by shaolinbill »

I'm sure arrival announcement will hit forum immediately. However, not to miss out, I emailed Bento Box about a pre-order and they said "No" but would email me when available.
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I'm glad that they're doing this. It makes a great combo more available to those who want them to use. I do find that more runs does't lessen the "specialness" of mine. It still looks as great to my eyes as when I first got it and additional runs don't make the M390 in mine perform any less.
I agree Chuck, it will only matter to those whose sole intention on picking a couple up to flip at some point at crazy prices. Oh! and those who needs to have something "limited edition" to make them feel special and satisfy their ego. :D
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

Spyder-fan wrote:Cutlery shoppe needs to do the same thing with the orange para 2. Both the brown and blue have had additional runs.
Someone mentioned that idea to Cutlery Shoppe and they said it's not happening. :(