CTS-XHP mule question

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
jtoler_9

CTS-XHP mule question

Post by jtoler_9 »

Anyone get a chance to try out the latest mule yet? I miss all the rope cutting vids. I will be glad to do some cutting as soon as I can find some scales I like for my Mule. Although I admit I am no sharpening expert yet.
Is there a spot or sticky for mule testing data? I know we have the mule RC data thread. It has been a great resource. I was wondering if there was a Mule only thread to post vids and real world experiences beyond just RC data so that Sal and Spyderco could easily access data from the Mule team, which is as I understand it the point.
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

My very first mule is on the way and it's CTS-XHP so I can't speak from experience yet.

I love ZDP-189 and I was waiting for my dealers to have them (ZDP-189 Mule) in stock but I only found out lately that the sales of those are only through Spyderco Factory Outlet so I was gonna wait long on this one; It's killing me I missed that :(
JLS

Post by JLS »

I don't ever recall a testing results thread for the Mules, at least not a popular one with lots of replies. As someone who has all the mules, I will admit that I've done no standardized testing for them. I just enjoy them for their differences and use them accordingly.

Send me a PM and depending on where you're at here in Utah, I could lend you the scales and sheath I use for initial carry. It's a slightly modified set of Halpern scales with Kydex of my own manufacture. I'll normally carry in that for a couple of weeks before deciding on what to make for permanent handles
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

IIRC, a number of the Mules were included in Jim Ankerson's rope cutting tests thread at BF.
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

I've heard of the blue forum but I couldn't find it; Can you post the link?
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... -quot-rope

50-something pages and counting, but the results are in the first post :spyder: