The forum's "new tone"?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
The Student

Post by The Student »

I think a lot of people forget that communication is also very dependent on body language and tone, and may take somethings as combative when they truly are not ment to be that way. This is the only forum I regularly vist so maybe I'm wrong in saying this, but when I happen to find something I view as combative I try to think of this and wonder if I am missing something. Discussion should be; point, counterpoint, ect. If you still find yourself in disagreement at the end of discussion then that is the result. You can't "win" a discussion they are only means to exchange information.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

I am a member of probably the worst & most abusive internet forum there is. Most anything is posted with swearing, verbal abuse, derogatory nicknames & personal attacks.
I have been to meet days & camping weekends with the worst of this mob & they are all good blokes in person, granted, they have a few foibles like we all do but in person are way more polite.
There is nothing to worry about here & I love this place & think most of you are made of sugar, butter & cinnamon. :)
O.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

O,just,O wrote:I am a member of probably the worst & most abusive internet forum there is. Most anything is posted with swearing, verbal abuse, derogatory nicknames & personal attacks.
I have been to meet days & camping weekends with the worst of this mob & they are all good blokes in person, granted, they have a few foibles like we all do but in person are way more polite.
There is nothing to worry about here & I love this place & think most of you are made of sugar, butter & cinnamon. :)
O.
Part of what makes my current relationship successful where others have failed is that we both speak our minds and hold nothing back. Sometimes the truth hurts but a good person will take that truth and develop from it. I think sometimes trying to be too polite can actually cause conflicts.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

O,just,O wrote:I love this place & think most of you are made of sugar, butter & cinnamon. :) O.
Actually, the women folk here are made of "sugar and spice and everything nice."

Us guys are made from "slugs and snails and puppy dog tails."

That's what Spydie Fanatics are made of... :cool:

TedP
BAL

Post by BAL »

Evil D wrote:Part of what makes my current relationship successful where others have failed is that we both speak our minds and hold nothing back. Sometimes the truth hurts but a good person will take that truth and develop from it. I think sometimes trying to be too polite can actually cause conflicts.
That's a very very nice thing that you said David. You have always said the nicest
things on here. I look forward to your polite comments. Take care my dear dear friend
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I'm sure ya'll had a nice few weeks without me. Blerv especially. :D
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Hey welcome back d00d. Ya the waters are pretty tame for drama as of lately. Then again, that is the start of every Jaws movie :p
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Blerv wrote:Hey welcome back d00d. Ya the waters are pretty tame for drama as of lately. Then again, that is the start of every Jaws movie :p
Thanks Blerv. I missed the forums too. More than I cared to admit to myself at first. :D