Appreciating what you have.......

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

dbcad wrote:Now I'm hearing the theme music from the movie "Jaws" :D
SpyderNut wrote:And yes, Chuck, we’re worried about you. (A creepy-looking porcelain doll? Really?) :p :D
I woke up today and the doll seems to have moved from where I last remembered it to be... :confused: :eek:
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I woke up today and the doll seems to have moved from where I last remembered it to be... :confused: :eek:
Yep. That's a sure sign that the doll has got to go. Give 'er the boot, mate. :p
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

SpyderNut wrote:Yep. That's a sure sign that the doll has got to go. Give 'er the boot, mate. :p
Yeh, he may have to go... :D
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Good call, Charlie. I have been lucky enough to have the dough to grab certain items while they were out like the 2005 forum Adventura, a couple of MT-5s, the Swick 2. Also made great money for a few months last year and got my 2 M4 blades (Manix2 and Military - thanks to someone from here who I talked to on IRC and made a deal with), my Navaja, a replacement Spyderhawk SE to replace the one I gave to a friend, and the CTS-XHP Manix (guess that one came a little earlier but I still had the dough). For all the knives I'd love to have, I've picked up some great ones and will pick up some more next time the budget improves.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Holland

Post by Holland »

in the same boat, my knife buying has been put on hold till school is done for the year
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

I don't buy a lot of knives compared to some people, as I don't have a job (in school). When I do buy knives, I think about each purchase for weeks. I guess it's good practice for the future :D
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

dbcad wrote:Times have been difficult lately. Can't afford any new knives and don't care to sell any that I have.
I'm in the same boat. My profession is dead right now, almost no work to do. I haven't had an income in over 18 months but I've been working real hard trying to keep the business going and hoping for the future.

I've got plenty of knives from years ago when I was more active in collecting, and I've sold a few things to allow me to buy a few more recent knifes. There are lots more that I would like to buy, even some very inexpensive ones, but I can't justify spending the money.

I get by by thinking about and using the knives that I've got. I want more knives but truly I don't need any more knives. And I also think about how much worse my life could be right now and might be in the future, hoping I don't have to sell the knives that I have.

I'm hoping that sometime in the future things will get better. I don't know if it will start to improve soon or if we have to wait another 4 years for improvements. I don't know if I can make it another 4 years with no income.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

bdblue wrote:I'm in the same boat. My profession is dead right now, almost no work to do. I haven't had an income in over 18 months but I've been working real hard trying to keep the business going and hoping for the future.

I've got plenty of knives from years ago when I was more active in collecting, and I've sold a few things to allow me to buy a few more recent knifes. There are lots more that I would like to buy, even some very inexpensive ones, but I can't justify spending the money.

I get by by thinking about and using the knives that I've got. I want more knives but truly I don't need any more knives. And I also think about how much worse my life could be right now and might be in the future, hoping I don't have to sell the knives that I have.

I'm hoping that sometime in the future things will get better. I don't know if it will start to improve soon or if we have to wait another 4 years for improvements. I don't know if I can make it another 4 years with no income.
I feel your pain this economy got old about 2 years ago, it has been a struggle to say the least and this year has been the toughest one yet. I still have hope but I have to say my faith is getting tested.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Same over here... :(
Being out of a job and having difficulties paying my bills I really can't afford buying knives at the moment.
I will buy an occasional Opinel to fool around with to keep me occupied, but Spydies are waaay out of my range at the moment.

That's one of the reasons I hardly visit this great forum anymore :o
It only reminds my how much I want a Techno or an Air or one of them serrated Manbugs, or......
I think you get the point.

Sure miss it though.. :(
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Well it is kinda interesting. I was in a place I could afford to get some new ones about 1 year ago and decided that I needed something to replace my G-10 E4 I've carried for 4 years, and and Endura of some sort for 7. Well, I tried 5-6 that I thought I really liked, including a Sebenza. All great knives, but I quickly realized that none of them were up to the criteria of what I wanted and went back to my E4. I have come to the point that I appreciate the it so much I can't find a replacement. I do plan on looking at the Southard Flipper though once it comes out. Contentment is a heck of a thing.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Eee

Post by Eee »

I'm just coming to the end of a temporary promotion, so I can't complain because I got some good stuff while it lasted, but the good times are over now.

On the positive side, any one of the knives I have now would have lasted my father or grandfather for years of hard work. We are lucky to live in these times.
You are
What you do
When it counts
- The Masao