Finally a Yojimbo 2 / I'm impressed

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jwh

Finally a Yojimbo 2 / I'm impressed

Post by jwh »

I have had a Yo 2 on order since January. I ended up finally getting one yesterday from another source. I must say I am impressed. Having heard about loose pocket clips the first thing on my agenda was removal and loctite. The first one I removed already had blue loctite on the threads. Cleaned and reapplied then left the others alone. I can not find a single thing Spyderco missed on this one. Perfect F&F. Sharp. Smooth as a hot knife through butter. Great design. The folks in Golden are golden.

jwh
Thanks,
jwh :spyder:

[CENTER]Manix 2 / Native Lightweight FRN / ParaMilitary 2 / Endura 4 FRN / Delica 4 FRN
UK Penknife FRN / Native 5 / Leafstorm / Urban Wharncliffe
/ Stretch FRN / ManBug G10
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Delica 4 FRN / Dragonfly 2 H1 FRN / Yojimbo 2 / Ladybug 3 H1 FRN / Military [/CENTER]
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Congratz. I had to cancel my preorder. Low on funds. Hope to get one someday.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Huh..i hadn't heard about the loose clips, so i checked mine and sure enough it was really loose. I hadn't even noticed. It still clipped tight but it slid side to side.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

My Yo2 also has the clip problem. The clip was very loose out of the box. It seems 2 out of 3 of the screw holes in the liner are stripped. I tried using known good screws from another knife, and in the same 2 holes, the screws just spin. I have been meaning to contact Spyderco W&R, I guess it will have to go back.
:bug-red-white
phaust

Post by phaust »

I got one Friday :D

Mine is flawless, as well--no play, no clip trouble (flipped it to tip down), no sticky lock, nice even 30* edge.
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx much Jwh,

Our Golden Knifemakers take pride in their work.

sal
ed9957

Post by ed9957 »

I've had mine for a month now and it has pushed my Para 2 out of my pocket ( note: I'm very fond of my Para 2). I edc the Yojimbo 2 and have found the blade shape to be very useful. Easy to sharpen and it takes very keen edge. I have used it for a variety of tasks from vehicle repair (trimming plastic, cutting hoses, zap straps), whittling, general cutting tasks, food prep etc. I bought mine at a brick and morter store for 1/2 price due to a small nick in the edge near the tip. The nick has almost disappeared with several sharpenings. I also love the compression lock and confidence it gives knowing the blade is secure when in use. I have gotten used to the blade shape and I don't anticipate it being bumped out of my pocket anytime soon and I have a lot of Spyderco's to choose from! :)

Ed
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

Nice, I just got one and plan to do a full written review of it (with maybe a ghetto video review) as my first attempt at a professional review. I must admit, It is incredibly impressive.
jwh

Post by jwh »

KardinalSyn wrote:Congratz. I had to cancel my preorder. Low on funds. Hope to get one someday.
Thanks. It's worth saving for.
Thanks,

[CENTER]Manix 2 / Native Lightweight FRN / ParaMilitary 2 / Endura 4 FRN / Delica 4 FRN
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Delica 4 FRN / Dragonfly 2 H1 FRN / Yojimbo 2 / Ladybug 3 H1 FRN / Military [/CENTER]
jwh

Post by jwh »

Evil D wrote:Huh..i hadn't heard about the loose clips, so i checked mine and sure enough it was really loose. I hadn't even noticed. It still clipped tight but it slid side to side.
While waiting on shipment I saw several vids metion it and a few threads at BF I think.
Thanks,

[/CENTER]
jwh

Post by jwh »

gbelleh wrote:My Yo2 also has the clip problem. The clip was very loose out of the box. It seems 2 out of 3 of the screw holes in the liner are stripped. I tried using known good screws from another knife, and in the same 2 holes, the screws just spin. I have been meaning to contact Spyderco W&R, I guess it will have to go back.
Good luck with it. I am sure they will take care of you.
Thanks,

[/CENTER]
jwh

Post by jwh »

phaust wrote:I got one Friday :D

Mine is flawless, as well--no play, no clip trouble (flipped it to tip down), no sticky lock, nice even 30* edge.
Two thumbs up!
Thanks,

[/CENTER]
jwh

Post by jwh »

sal wrote:Thanx much Jwh,

Our Golden Knifemakers take pride in their work.

sal
As a fellow Coloradoan I like that.
Thanks,

[/CENTER]
jwh

Post by jwh »

ed9957 wrote:I've had mine for a month now and it has pushed my Para 2 out of my pocket ( note: I'm very fond of my Para 2). I edc the Yojimbo 2 and have found the blade shape to be very useful. Easy to sharpen and it takes very keen edge. I have used it for a variety of tasks from vehicle repair (trimming plastic, cutting hoses, zap straps), whittling, general cutting tasks, food prep etc. I bought mine at a brick and morter store for 1/2 price due to a small nick in the edge near the tip. The nick has almost disappeared with several sharpenings. I also love the compression lock and confidence it gives knowing the blade is secure when in use. I have gotten used to the blade shape and I don't anticipate it being bumped out of my pocket anytime soon and I have a lot of Spyderco's to choose from! :)

Ed
I can see mine getting a lot of pocket time.
Thanks,

[/CENTER]
jwh

Post by jwh »

Chipped Karambit wrote:Nice, I just got one and plan to do a full written review of it (with maybe a ghetto video review) as my first attempt at a professional review. I must admit, It is incredibly impressive.
I look forward to your first professional review.
Thanks,

[/CENTER]
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

gbelleh wrote:My Yo2 also has the clip problem. The clip was very loose out of the box. It seems 2 out of 3 of the screw holes in the liner are stripped. I tried using known good screws from another knife, and in the same 2 holes, the screws just spin. I have been meaning to contact Spyderco W&R, I guess it will have to go back.
Well, I just did some more thorough experimentation with my clip screw problem, and it turns out the problem was with the screws after all. The threads of 2 of the 3 screws seem to be out of spec somehow and not lining up correctly. After trying a different set of screws from a Para 2, those fit in the Yo 2 perfectly, and everything is tight now. But I seem to have somehow messed up another set of screws from another knife in the process, so now I need 2 new sets of screws to hopefully have all my knives up and running again. :(

But I can finally carry the Yo2 now! :)
:bug-red-white
jwh

Post by jwh »

gbelleh wrote:
But I can finally carry the Yo2 now! :)
I'm glad you got your YO 2 up and running now.
Thanks,

[/CENTER]
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear JWH:

Thank you for your post and the kind words. I'm glad you're pleased with your Yo2 and hope it serves you well for many years to come!

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
jwh

Post by jwh »

Michael Janich wrote:Dear JWH:

Thank you for your post and the kind words. I'm glad you're pleased with your Yo2 and hope it serves you well for many years to come!

Stay safe,

Mike
Thanks for the reply and the great design.
Thanks,

[/CENTER]
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

Has anyone noticed the ball detent causing the knife to be difficult to open? I have a few compression lock spidies and this one is VERY difficult to start. Once you pass the detent it is normal.

JD